Chapter 19

The next day I had to head over to the library to check out some books for English class. Marni would meet me there after her meeting with the school band was done.

I went to the section of classic novels and searched for Green Raven; an old novel written back at 1899. I looked and while I was at it, I also checked out some architectural designs from the opposite shelves. They really grasped my attention to the point I even planned on borrowing some. I compiled some over my hand(along with the Green Raven which I eventually found) and went to the nearest table.

The weight made a bump noise, making everyone in the library snap at me.

"Sorry," I mouthed the words.

I started, but rather than reading Green Raven like I was suppose to, I pushed that book aside and reached for one of the architectural ones I took.

I opened it and the many different kinds of magneficent houses amazed me. The designs were beautiful. The shapes, the colors, how everything were put together were all too breathtaking. I couldn't imagine living in a place with such symmetry; such uniqueness and perfections. The designers were geniuses.

Every single page blew me away. It felt like I was already living the dream; to design houses; to make everything in order; to make people see how wonderful it is inside your own home and to make them feel comfortable as much as possible.

The thought of making someone's dream home; to fulfill their ideal comfort zone, made me want to accomplish being an architect more. I love reading about houses; they were strong motivations for me and they made me remember why I want to be an architect in the first place.

I smiled at myself widely; couldn't wait for my dream to happen. As I lifted my head to see if Marni was around, something caught my attention that made me snap out. It's Terence.

It's him.

I found myself staring. My eyes just wouldn't dart away.

He's sitting alone at the other side of the library; holding a pen and twirling it with his fingers like before. There's a paper right in front of him and he was just staring at it.

I wonder what he's doing.

"Pippa!" I slightly jumped in surprise. "There you are," it was Marni. She was on her way towards me with a big smile on her face.

"Sorry I took so long," she apologized. "Band meeting took longer than I thought."

"Oh it's fine," I returned the smile.

"What are you reading?" She asked, taking a look at my architectural books. "Oh, houses, cool. I remember you mentioning how you like houses, right? How you want to be an architect one day?"

I nodded; a little too happy she remembered such a thing.

She chuckled. "Aren't you suppose to be reading Red Raven?"

"Green Raven," I kindly corrected.

"Oh yeah," she snapped her fingers in the air.

"Are you going to write a review on a novel too, Marni?" I asked.

"Not a novel though. On a magazine." She said.

"Magazine? Is that allowed?"

"Probably. There's bound to be something there I could write about."

"Oh," I nodded, trying to understand.

"Oh shoot, I forgot."

"What?"

"I forgot my library card is with Robbie. Do you mind getting a random magazine for me while I get it?" She asked.

"Oh you don't have to get it. I could borrow the magazine for you,"