chapter 3: laugh and smile

I have friends

I have friends. And yes, other friends that aren't Lucy. Also, I didn't get them because I wanted to and because I walked up to them and started a conversation. I actually got these friends because I didn't have any other choice. I work with them. Can't really avoid people I work with.

"One day, I'm gonna tattoo a person..."

"You've given us tattoos."

"You guys don't count." He said, then glanced at his friends shortly.

"You haven't given Brandon one." I commented, flipping through the pages of a random, boring magazine. I glanced at the four eyed boy, who was messing around on his computer with headphones on. I rolled my eyes, letting out a short laugh before I flipped the page. "He's creating again." I said.

"The guy never stops." Zion said chuckling, looking himself in the mirror as he adjusted the hat on his head. Spinning around in his chair, he faced me as he asked me, "So, what did you do on your day off yesterday?"

I popped my eyebrows, my eyes still on the magazine as I said, "I didn't go on date, that's for sure." I let out a sigh, kicking my feet up on the desk. The silence made me take my eyes off the magazine, noticing the confused expression on two out of the three boys with me. "This isn't me sugarcoating that I need to go on date. This is me telling you that I didn't in fact go on a date." I explained.

"So..."

"I had lunch with this girl..." I told them, eyeing Brandon, who was still captivated by his computer. I opened my mouth to continue, but the two boys that were paying attention to me rushed to the front door, calling out to the two boys outside, playing, saying something about a miracle happening.

"Y/N went on a date!" Edwin yelled with Zion, making me frown as I set the magazine down on the desk. I sat up, sending them an incredulous look when they are rushed over to me while Zion pulled Brandon over to us. I sat back in my chair, crossing my arms as I sent them a glare. Brandon pushed his glasses up, looking at everyone before he met my eyes.

"What did I miss?"

"Nothing-"

"Y/N went on a date!" They yelled together, making Brandon and myself jump.

Letting out a sigh, I pinched the bridge of my nose before I said, "It wasn't a date." They stared at me, interested smiles on their faces as they waited. I sighed again, running my hand through my hair before I said, "Fine. You wanna know what happened, fine." I repeated.

They all gathered closer together, still all smiling which earned an eye roll from me.

"Her name is Camila, and we had lunch because Lucy wanted me to keep her distracted while she went on a date with her best friend." I said dismissively, then kicked up my feet on the desk again. I was ready to pick up the magazine, until it was snatched off the desk. I brought my feet down, giving Nick an incredulous look. "What the hell?"