Chapter 9 - How To Be A Squirrel

Start from the beginning

"Time for breakfast"she sang pulling me up and out of the room.
"Go, get dressed and come downstairs"she ordered, pointing at the stairs.Without another word, she turned around and walked down.

Time skip to nightfall
Mai's POV

"Ughhhh!I hate this!"I yelled after falling off the tree again.
Naruto left to Kami knows where and I kept on getting frustrated and falling of trees.

I kicked the tree with a chakra coated foot, but my foot was stuck.

"Oh Sasuke~"

Yes.
I didn't call him Duckbutt, Duckpost, Teme or Uchiha.
I stopped calling him nicknames and by his last name since he earned my respect.

"What is it now Mai?"he asked pretty annoyed that I called him over for who knows which time since we came here.

"Watch"I smirked, lifting my other foot off the ground and placing it on the trunk.He watched my actions with warning, awaiting for my fall.

My smirk deepened as I watched his shocked eyes watch my figure walk up the trunk and stand upside-down on a high branch.

"Show off much, Shorty"he said with a smirk.
"I told you I'm no Shorty, I am Uzumaki Mai, the future Hoka- ahhh!"I screamed as I lost my concentration and started falling down extremely fast.I shut my eyes closed, prepared to hit the cold ground with my back, but the pain never came.

Instead, I felt a pair of arms catch me and a hand move a long strand of hair from my vision.
Opening my eyes, I saw Sasuke, holding me bridal style as he landed on the ground.

( lets imagine it is Sasuke holding Mai and not Minato holding Kushina, kay? )

Putting me down, he stared at my eyes and I stared back.

"I did it!There you have it stupid tree, Bubblegum and Grandpa Squirrel!And Sasuke there you have it, in your face!I climbed it before you did!"I yelled, sticking my tongue out at him.

"*sigh* Tomato, you would've been crushed if it wasn't for me catching you"he sighed at my childish act.
"Oh yeah, well you are the one who distracted me!If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have fallen in the first place!"getting into his face, well rather chest cause I'm short, I yelled and glared up at him.
"And stop calling me Tomato and Shorty!"yelling once again I got on my tiptoes and glared at him, this time on his eye height.
"OK miss squirrel, you win, I won't call you names again, Tomato-hime ( Tomato Princess ) "he smirked.I chocked a sob and turned around, running as far away as possible, tears in my eyes.
'Wait, why the hell am I crying?'
'Cause you're hurt, kid.They say tears are words the heart can't say' fox demon said.

'And why would anything Duckbutt says hurt me?''How do you expect me to know that?!' she yelled

'How do you expect me to know that?!' she yelled.

I sighed as I wiped my tears away and looked around to find myself lost.Frowning at the unknown location, I turned around and started walking just to smack into someone.

As I start falling, I feel someone catch me and put me on their back.
I didn't even bother opening my eyes cause whether it was a good or a bad guy, I didn't care at the moment.

'Why do his words hurt?Sasuke isn't even my friend, so why does it hurt?' I kept on asking myself as the ground underneath kept on moving and at some point stopped and set me down on the ground.
"Sleep well, Tsumetai Hon-, I mean Mai"a deep voice said as I heard footsteps getting further and further away before drifting off to sleep.

Quick a/n!
I don't know who to set Mai up with, so I decided that the first one who says who they want her ending up with will have it their way.
One rule only: I won't let her end up with a girl or with Orochimaru.
She can end up with Naruto if you want, but no girl and no pedo snake, I really hate that guy.
And that would be it!
Bye~