Chapter 9 - How To Be A Squirrel

Start from the beginning

"Pip-squeak!I could've broken my neck if it wasn't for Duckpost over there!"I yelled, pointing at the raven head.She pouted and looked away like a child.

"It's not my fault you are clumsy and useless!"she screamed back.I laughed maniacally, causing them all to pale.

"Me?Useless?What are you then!I am the one who nearly killed Zabuza while you just stood on the side lines!So tell me, what are you if I defeated him and am useless while you stood all to pale to move!"I yelled, every word louder than the previous one.

Without any of them stopping me, I ran to a tree and punched it.It crashed down in a second.

"Now let us see you do that, Sakura"I smirked, dragging her name out with disgust.

After that, I just kept trying and falling, always landing on my feet, while they just stared at me.

"I swear you people have a staring problem!"I yelled after catching my breath.They all stopped staring and went back to their business.

A lot of training later

It was about nightfall and I still couldn't walk up the stupid tree.

"I need food!"Naruto whined from my right.
"Hn.The Dope is right.We should make a pause"Duckbutt said all monotoned from my left.I sighed but nodded.Turning around, I took a step and fell right on my nose.Picking me up, Duckbutt placed me on Naruto's back.

"Thanks Sasuke, oni-chan"I drifted off sleepily, burring my face into my brother's shoulder.

Time skip to Tazuna's house
Naruto's POV

"We're home!"opening the door, I yelled on top of my lugs, earning a smack on the head from Teme.

"Ow!What was that for?"I yelled, glaring daggers at him.
"Shorty is still asleep on your back, Dope"he said, motioning to my back where my sister was sound asleep.Thinking of things she would've done to me if I woke her I up, I paled and nearly fainted.

"Where are you going?"Sakura yelled as I climbed the stairs.
"To put her to sleep"I whispered without stopping or turning around.

Time skip after dinner

After having dinner with the others, I headed for Mai's room.

"What do you think you're doing?!"Sakura yelled before hitting me on the head.
"Going to sleep.Why?"asking out of curiosity earned me another hit on the head.
"Baka!She's a girl!You can't sleep in the same room!"she yelled again.
"Why?We always sleep in the same bed when we are home"
"You what?!"she asked, completely red.I thought over what I said and blushed furiously.
"Not like that!At home every time she falls asleep she sleepwalks to my bed and lies beside me, so we figured it would be easier to sleep in the same bed"I said completely embarrassed because she thought otherwise.

We heard a knob turn and without a warning Mai walked out and tackled me to the ground, snuggling into my side.

"You see?"I asked, pointing at sis.She nodded and gently pried Mai off me and helped me up.
Picking Mai up, I walked into the room and lied her down.

After changing I lied down myself and hugged her closer.

"Love you sis"I kissed her forehead and fell asleep seconds later.

Time skip

"Oni-chan"I heard a soft voice as someone gently shook me.
"Oni-chan, wake up"the same voice spoke, stroking my hair.
Opening my eyes, I saw Mai smiling at me, still stroking my hair.