32

"So, how was it?"

I looked up from my notebook and spotted Grace standing in front of me, her arms crossed and a disapproving look plastered over her face. I scrunched my eyebrows up. "What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Was it on top of the table? Hm? Was it your first time? With him?"

Now I was really confused. "Can you go away? I'm trying to do my work," I replied. Grace rolled her eyes. It's amazing how she could be like this when two seconds ago she was giggling like an idiot with this other girl.

"Did you or did you not spend your night at Archer's house yesterday?" Grace asked, cocking one of her eyebrows. What the hell? How'd she know that? Slowly, I nodded. "Well, did you guys share a bed?"

"Oh, my god," I sighed. "Are you seriously asking me if I had sex with him?" Grace shrugged. "I didn't. I just slept in the same bed with him. We had a date the night before, we had breakfast in the morning, we went to Scoops later in the day, and then he brung me home,"

I finally stood up and headed inside the school. Unfortunately, Grace decided to follow me. "What else do you want?" I asked, opening my locker. "Here to make me spill my deepest and darkest secrets? Go away,"

"That's exactly what I'm doing," Grace smiled fairly. "I wanna know what the hell you're doing here. You live with Jasmine's family. What's your relation to them? Where's your parents? How'd you get Archer to suddenly fall for you like that? What rights do you have,"

"You're seriously still caught up about that? Look, my mom is just on a business trip and the Jenners are longtime family friends with us. As for Archer, I honestly don't know why he likes me. Why don't you ask him yourself?" I replied, closing my locker and leaving.

Archer was already standing at the doorway when I arrived to my first hour. "Hey, loser," I muttered. "You wait here everyday for me, why don't you just sit down," Archer smiled and shrugged. "I bumped into Grace again,"

"What'd she do? What'd she say? What did you do? Did she touch you? Did she hurt you? Let me see your cheeks," Archer turned my face side to side to examine my cheeks. "Okay, she didn't slap you. Did she try ripping your hair out?"

"No, she did not," I chuckled, sitting down on a chair. "She just asked me what my deal was, how you came to like me, and what my relation to Jasmine was or whatever. Luckily, I made up the perfect lie," I smiled proudly. My smile soon disappeared as I realized that Archer was staring behind me with a nervous look. Grumbling curse words under, I turned around to meet Grace again.

"Ha! I knew it was a lie!" Grace cackled.

I cringed. "Just... leave me alone," I said. "It's not like you'll ever find out who or where I came from, Grace. How would you anyway?" Grace giggled like a maniac. Why did I even ask?

"I'm glad you asked, Raina," she said. "Did you forget who I am? I'm Grace. Everyone loves me. Anyone would do anything for me,"

"Except for us," Archer muttered. "Also, even if you leaked information about Ray, it's not like I would break up with her, realize you were right, and right to you. I lo...ike Raina. Not you. Never you,"

"Oh, shut up, Archer. I know that," Grace replied. "Isn't it just so much fun to ridicule and ruin someone?"

"Well, I guess someone like you would love that," Archer sighed, bored. With that, Grace flipped her hair and walked off to her desk. "Geez. I wonder what happened in her life to make her this sadistic,"

"You don't think she'll actually find out, right?" I asked, nervously.

"Don't worry," Archer cupped my cheeks and smushed them. "If she did, I'll make sure to punch anyone who decides to ask you about it. I'll make sure it's like she never did anything," I smiled at him.

"Oh yeah," he said, digging into his pockets and pulling out a box. "Happy birthday," Archer gave me a toothy grin and pushed the box towards me. I blushed and lifted it up to open it. It was a necklace with a bunny.

"So childish," I said aloud.

"I thought it suited you," Archer said, taking the necklace and hooking it around my neck. I looked down and examined it, laying a finger on it. "See? It's cute on you,"

The thought of him walking around a jewelry store and laying his eyes on this bunny necklace then thinking about me made me blush even more. "Thanks," I gushed, hiding my cheeks with my hands. "I really love it. Actually, you're the first person to wish me a happy birthday today,"

"Really? Score," Archer pumped his fists.

I giggled. "I really thought Jasmine would barge into my room, popping confetti and throwing cake and yelling or something," I murmured. Archer shrugged. "Isn't it strange? James and Aleena were still sleeping. Jasmine already went to school and Stefan was sleeping over a friends house,"

"I don't know anything," Archer said.

Suddenly the bell rang and we were forced to stop talking to each other as the teacher walked in. Maybe Jasmine will say something at lunch. Shrugging, I turned around and took my homework out.

AHHHHH KILL ME, BURN ME ALIVE, CHAIN ME, BUT IM SORRY THAT I DIDNT UPDATE AT ALL. YOU SEE, SCHOOL IS A PAIN IN THE ASS AND I KNOW THATS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH EXCUSE BUT ITS THE TRUUUUUUTH