11

Grumbling cuss words under my breath, I grabbed my purse and walked out of Scoops to yell at him, but he was no where to be found. Did he just freaking pull a spiderman?! I ran a hand through my hair and walked my way back home. Thoughts swirled around my head.

Who called him? Why did he suddenly leave like that? Who does he think he he is, leaving me without a ride?! Why did he call me Raina? I clutched at my shirt in anger. Night was beginning to fall and soon it would be dark. Stupid Archer with his stupid phone calls and his stupid self. Why was I feeling so bothered about this anyway? It's not like I'm his girlfriend. I began to softly laugh at the though, but it soon died down. But still.. I sighed and ate the rest of my ice cream before throwing it in the parks trashcan.

"Raina?" A voice called out. I turned to meet Jacob and a little girl who was holding tight on his hand.

"Oh, hey, Jacob," I smiled.

Jacob didn't return the smile. Typical him. "So why are you here?" He asked, letting go of the girls hand as she began to run towards the slides. I shrugged.

"Oh, you know, I was on a da-- I mean, a get together with Archer and he suddenly left, so now I have to walk home," I replied, sitting on one of the swings. "What about you? Why's someone like you taking care of a child?" Jacob feigned offense.

"Are you implying something, Raina?" Jacob chuckled, sitting in the swing next to me. I giggled.

"Nah," I said. "It's just you distance yourself from everyone else and I can't really imagine you babysitting,"

"It's not really babysitting," Jacob said, eyeing the young girl. "My dad left my mom when Daisy and I were young, so my mom began to work her ass of everyday.. I take care of Daisy voluntarily, it's not like I'm expecting to get paid. I actually enjoy it. She's mute and a lot of others make fun of her for it, but she's the best sister I could ask for. Of course, Jas has always been there for me, helping me along the way, so I appreciate her, too,"

"They're both pretty precious to you, huh?" I asked, smiling. Jacob nodded. This was the most emotion I've seen from him throughout the one month I've known him. Jacob got up, suddenly embarrassed.

"I should get going, Daisy will probably get sleepy, soon," Jacob said, running towards his sister. I waved goodbye although he couldn't see it. Guess I should get home, too. I got off the swing and walked back home. I checked my phone. It was only seven o'clock. When I walked in, I immediately spotted Jasmine who was sitting in a recliner, her legs curled up and her glasses set firmly on her nose while she flipped the page. I opened my mouth to speak, but she held a finger up to make me shut up.

After putting the bookmark in which seemed like an hour, she looked up with a smile. "How was your date?" She asked, getting up from the couch. She was already in her blue pajamas that had clouds imprinted over them.

"It was not a date, Jas!" I sighed, putting my purse on the coat rack. "Did James come home yet?" I looked around.

Jasmine shook her head no. "He's still on that business trip of his for one more day, then after that he's home. Why?" Jasmine asked, scrunching up her eyebrows. I shook my head, silently saying no reason. "Oh, okay. So how was it? Your get together,"

I sighed. "Thank you," I smiled. "But it was good, until he got a phone call and then left." I finished it in a miserable voice as I plopped a few cheetos in my mouth. Jasmine gasped, turning towards me.

"He did what?!" Jasmine demanded. I nodded slowly.

"Yeah," I confirmed. "He said something about, um, some guy or girl being an idiot because of what he or she did? I don't know. I shouldn't let it bother me so much,"

Jasmine just shook her head and sighed. "That guy needs some serious help!" Jasmine huffed. "You can't just leave your date alone, without a ride. Who in hell does that?" She shook her head more, mumbling unknown things under her breath. I rolled my eyes.

"It wasn't a date!" I called out.

"Whatever," Jasmine giggled, shutting her door closed. I, too, shut myself in my room and tried to sleep, but the fact that he had called me Raina would not leave my mind. It wasn't that much of a big deal, but the way he said my name... It made me worried but it also...

Made me feel happy.

-----

SHOULD I DO AN ARCHER POV NEXT?????