23

ARCHER

My heart was pounding. Hard. Raina stared back at me, a curious look in her eyes. Did I really just do that? Did I honestly kiss her? Or am I dreaming? "Um.. I'm sorry, uh, I don't know.. what got into me, um.. I got caught up in the.. moment.." I glanced down at her lips. We stopped dancing, now, and instead we were standing still in the middle of the dance floor. 

Raina tilted her head. "So.. the kiss meant nothing to you?" She asked, scrunching her eyebrows up. Does this mean that she liked the kiss? Does this mean she at least likes me? I shook my head. 

"Yes! I mean, no. Wait, no, yes?" I was searching for the words. Raina looked like she was going to burst out laughing. "Stop laughing at me! This.. is the first time I, um, felt this way for someone and I don't know what to say,"

"Feel what way?" Raina's smile widened. 

"You know what, Ray? I really freaking hate you right now!" I glared. Raina just giggled. How could she not be as embarrassed as I was? "I like you, isn't that obvious?" Raina's smile disappeared. Shit. Did I do something wrong?!

"You do?" Raina asked, looking at me straight in the eyes. 

"Yes! I've liked you for a while now," I admitted. "I'll give you five seconds,"

"For what?" 

"For you to run away, duh," 

I kissed her again, my hands softly set on her cheeks. One... two... three... four... five. I let go of the kiss and stared at her. "You didn't run away," I breathed. Raina smiled. 

"Nope," Raina gave me a toothy grin. "Your confession made me pity you, so I guess running away would be the one thing that'd shatter your whole life, huh?" I gave her a look. "I'm kidding, Archer," she giggled. "I like you, too," 

"Good," I sighed in relief. "Because you have no idea how embarrassing it is to be the first to confess," Raina laughed. "Okay, I told you not to laugh at me, so shut it, princess!" Even though she struggled, she finally stopped laughing, an endless smile stuck on her face. 

"So.. what now?" Raina asked, raising her eyebrows. 

"I have no idea," I chuckled. "Let's go sit. I'm feeling uncomfortable having this.. conversation in the middle of people dancing." The moment we sat down, Jasmine found herself a seat next to Raina. Her face broke out into a huge grin. Jacob sat down next to her, an amused look in his eyes. 

"So, how are you two?" Jasmine's smile widened, an evil glint in her eyes. Okay then.. 

"Fine? What about you two?" I replied. 

"Oh, we're just dandy, thanks for asking, Archer!" Jasmine squealed. "Um, how was the dance?"

Raina glared at her. "Alright, cut it out with that weird I know what you guys did on the dance floor but I want you guys to tell me act. We kissed, you saw, and now, I have no idea what to do or say,"

"Well, you guys could always schedule a date," Jacob shrugged. 

"Yes! That's a fantastic idea! Phenonemal. Marvelous. Absolutely superb!" Jasmine clapped her hands together. I looked at her, annoyed. Was she always this annoying?

"Well, how about we schedule the date without you two prying into our business," I smiled sarcastically. Jasmine stuck her tongue out at me causing Jacob to chuckle. "Oh, wow, very mature, Jasmine,"

"Okay, I admit, I'm being nosy, but this is my sisters spotlight and I can't just forget that, okay? I'm here to support her in every way I can, got it? And if that means embarrassing myself to the points of me melting into a puddle, the so be it!" Jasmine exclaimed. 

Raina giggled. This is my life now. "Well, can you embarrass yourself to the points of you melting into a puddle somewhere else?" I asked. Jasmine shot a glare at me. 

"Fine, I will," 

Jasmine finally got up from the chair and left along with Jacob. "Do you think Jacob and Jasmine would be a good couple?" Raina asked. I shrugged. 

"I don't know and I don't care," I smiled at her. "So, I'll pick you up next Saturday, eight o'clock. Dress fancy. And, no, I'm not taking you to some kind of picnic in the middle of nowhere where the view is perfect. There's no such thing in this town," 

"I wasn't counting on it?" Raina said. 

"Good,"

Suddenly, my phone began to vibrate. I looked at it-- a message from my father. "I gotta go, right now, so, goodbye, my love," I joked. She waved as I got up from the chair.  I kissed her forehead and left. 

Jesus Christ.

And then I woke up.

JUST KIDDING. MUHAHAHHA. 

OKAY, I'M LEAVING YOU WITH THIS. I'LL BE BACK SOON.