8

In my dream.. there was a door that was cracked open only an inch, but just enough so that the light could spill into the room a little, but then the last thing I saw was my mother smiling and then closing the door, leaving me with nothing but the darkness.

I woke up, frantically looking around the room as if I was trying to look for something, but ended up giving up because I didn't know what to look for. My breathing was uneven and heavy and I could feel beads of sweat trickling down my neck. Putting a hand on my head, I lay back down in the darkness, silently waiting for the clock to strike 6 o'clock a.m.

Whats going on with me? I'm having the same dream over and over and over against for the past week. I try to shut my eyes, but it wouldn't work. I wouldn't be delivered a good sleep tonight. That I'm sure of.

It's already been three weeks. I should stop being hung over a woman who probably didn't care about me. But, me, being the emotional girl I am, the tears wouldn't stop. Wiping them away, I turn to my side, eyeing the clock. It was nearing five in the morning. There was no away I'd find any sleep, now.

---

When the light hit my eyes, I was already wide awake. Getting up from my bed, I looked in my mirror. There were dark circles that made me look like a raccoon. I didn't even bother trying to conceal it with makeup. Instead, after, washing my face and brushing my teeth, all I did was slip on a white, oversized t-shirt, black leggings, and worn out converse.

I looked at the mirror once more. I looked like a mess. My hair was puffer than usual, my green eyes were duller, my lips were chapped, and there were those raccoonish circles. Glaring at the mirror, I just sighed and gave up. Who the hell even cares about what I look like?

When I arrived at school with Jasmine, Archer was apparently waiting for me at the entrance. Jasmine just smiled at me as if saying Get some! and then she left. "Hey, love," Archer smirked, but soon his smile died down as soon as he looked at me head-to-toe. "What the hell happened to you? You look terrible!"

"Oh, shut up, Captain Idiot," I grumbled, crossing my arms as we entered the school side by side. As always, I earned a few death glares from fans of Archer, but I shrugged them off. "I just didn't have enough sleep. I kept waking up from nighー"

I stopped at the moment, because I didn't want to tell him I'm only suffering from nightmares. He'll only laugh and make fun of me because of something so lame and I was not up for that at the moment. "I kept waking up from Stefan's crying at night," I continued. Of course he won't believe that. Stefan is a five year old kid who can properly take care of himself, already.

I was waiting for him to burst out laughing, but he didn't. "Oh," Archer replied, shrugging. "Yeah, I have a little sister who cries a lot, too. It's really annoying!" I nodded my head, and chuckled nervously.

Ever since that incident in Scoops Ice Cream, Archer has been talking to me ever since as if we were actually friends. He hasn't found out why I'm living with Jasmine or where I came from and I plan to leave it like that. Soon, he'll probably get bored of me, then drop me on the sidewalk so I can get stepped on by another bunch of idiots.

For some reason, I didn't like the thought of that. It made me feel unsatisfied and scared that something like that might happen. Instead of paying attention to that feeling, though, I shook it away, thinking I must be crazy.

I approached my locker, still being followed by Archer. "Did you need something, by the way? Why were you waiting for me in front of the school?" I asked, entering my combination, then opening it.

"Oh yeah! I meant to ask you if you're free this Friday?" He said, tilting his head, innocently. A nearby group of his fans apparently heard this because their heads shot up suddenly as if they heard something totally unbelievable.

"Y-yeah, I guess," I replied, quietly, trying not to make them hear. I failed and they shot me another one of their death glares. If glares could kill, I would be six feet under. "Why do you ask?"

"Because we should go to Scoops again! I had a lot of fun last time we went," Archer replied, as if it were obvious. My face went red at this and I hit him in the arm almost as a reflex. "Ow! The hell is wrong with you, woman?! There was no need to resort to violence! If you don't wanna go, then just simply say no!"

"I-I'm sorry! It as an accident! I mean, of course it wasn't an accident. How the hell could that be an accident? What I meant to say is that what you said made me a bit nervous and weird!" I laughed nervously. He made a face of utter bewilderment. "WAIT! I'm sorry, that not what I meant either! U-um.. Fine. I will go with you.."

"That's great. Pick you up at 3 then. This time, make yourself presentable, maybe just a little?" Archer laughed. "Let's exchange numbers."

He took my phone out of my hand and entered my number while I did the same. "Okay. You asked, I answered. Now go away!" I exclaimed, pushing him in the other direction. He sent a small wave and I let out a sigh that I didn't even know I was holding in. What was that just now?

I gathered the rest of my notebooks and headed towards my class. I didn't want to admit it to Archer, but I was actually really happy he asked me to go with him. Although, I couldn't quite figure out.. why.

*
Wahhhhh, I was supposed to update yesterday, but
instead I forgot like the big dummy I am! FORGIVE ME!