9

During lunch, I found myself walking to the schools library. I already notified Jasmine and everyone else where I was going. I opened the door and headed inside, remembering that I never got the chance go get Harry Potter because a certain moron wouldn't let me.

Chuckling at the memory, I swipe the first book of Harry Potter and sit down in a far corner where no one could see me.

As soon as I got to chapter three, though, someone pulled the seat in front of me and sat down. Thinking it was Archer, I said, "If you're here to take the book again, Archer, then don't bother because I will fight you,"

"Is that how you treat someone who is being nothing but sweet to you?" A new voice said. I looked up to meet an angry face. Now, this wasn't just anyone. This was a girl from his so called fan club. Behind her there were a few other girls, their arms crossed.

"Archer? Sweet? Please, if anything, Archer is an annoying bastard," I chuckled, earning a few gasps.

"Do not talk about him that way, you bitch!" The girl said, standing up suddenly. "You're so ungrateful. Who do you think you are?! Who are you to insult him when you're the one who all over him?"

"Wait, what? All over him?" I asked, confused. Since when was I all over him?

Instead of answering me, the girl chose to ignore me. "Let me get one thing straight, Archer is not yours. He belongs to everyone so just stay away from him, or else me and all the other girls will make your life a living hell. He'll probably leave you, anyway."

For some reason something inside me snapped. My blood began to boil with anger and I stood up from my chair, glaring straight into her eyes. "Hold on one second, you pathetic Barbie wannabe," I began, "I may have said a few mean things about his stupid ass, but Archer isn't some kind of plush toy that you can just pass around and play with. He's a human being and he has his choice and he chose to hang out with me,"

"So, if you have a problem, please, instead of ganging up on me with all your other wannabe barbies then consult with Archer first," I finished.

The wannabe Barbie let out an exasperated screech and pulled her hand back to slap me. I shut my eyes closed, ready for the impact that was about to take place on my face. But it never came.

Opening one eye, I realized that someone took a hold of the barbies hands from behind her.

"Archer,"

"Lilly, stop targeting my friend, okay?" Archer said, in a scary voice as he glared down at her. "The reason I hang out with her is because she's not as stupid as you idiots and she's fun to be with unlike you whining crybabies, so go away,"

Lilly was about to start yelling at me and him before the librarian pulled her by the hand and kicked her out of the library. Pretty soon, her minions followed her out.

"So.." Archer said. "Annoying bastard, huh?"

"You heard that?" I laughed.

Archer smiled. "Yeah, I also heard the part about how I'm not a plush toy that's supposed to passed around,"

My face went red and I threw the book at him. "Don't worry, darling, I'm actually really thankful for it," Archer laughed. Then he spread his arms out. "Come. Give me a hug,"

"Absolutely not!" I snapped. "The way you said that now sounds like you want to molest me, you moron!"

"Oh, I'm hurt, princess," Archer said, playfully, as he put his hand over his heart. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "Whatever, lets just get to class. Lunch will be over soon,"

"Yeah, yeah," I said, following him put the library after checking the book out. Suddenly, as I slowly walked behind him, Lilly's words played in my mind again.

"He'll probably leave you, anyway,"

I looked at Archers back, the words replaying over and over. What she said wasn't impossible. I mean, Archer had no reason to hang out with someone like me. I'm just dragging him down to the bottom of the food chain.

Without thinking, I grabbed the end of his sleeve, causing him to stop. Shit.. What did I just do?

"Uh, you okay?" Archer asked, looking down at my hands which were clutching his sleeves. I gulped. I went this far right? What's gonna stop me now?

"Um, uh... Youー you wー won't leave me.. right?" I blurted, looking him straight in the eyes.

"What are you talking about?" Archer asked, concerned.

"That girl, Lilly, said something about how you'll probably just leave mー me, and so..."

"Do you think I'm that kind of guy, hon?" Archer asked, fully turned around.

"I don't really know, yet," I replied, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Of course not," Archer said. "I won't leave you, okay? So, don't worry!" Archer began to pat my head, making my face go red. I nod and soon the hallway is flooded with students from the lunchroom.

"Well, bye, sweetie, I have to get to class and so do you," Archer smiled. I nodded again and watched him walk away. Putting a hand to my head, I walked the other direction.

Damn.. What's happening to me?