Being Jayne Collin's Daughter - Chapter 13

Start from the beginning

"whats the time?"

i snuggled into him and buried my head into his neck

"just gone 7"

he nodded into me and sighed heavily, im guessing he was heading back to sleep, i yawned again and closed my eyes, i guess i was going back to sleep again too.

Jay's P.O.V

i woke up for the second time and felt star stir next to me, i could tell she was asleep and i didnt want to wake her up but my belly kept grumbling. I slowly slid my arms away from her and pulled myself out of bed, i did a few quick stretches and looked back down at her, she did look cute when she slept, i smiled to myself and picked up my phone, 3 new messages.

max - is star ok? you two didnt come back, getting worried bro

i smiled and clicked reply

jay - shes fine, i took her back to mine n shes asleep now, dont tell nath or tom though

i sent that and opened up the next one from jayne

jayne - look after her jay, i trust you xx

i smiled proudly and looked down at star asleep, she stirred and rolled over on her side and stretched out her arm, i chuckled and clicked reply

jay - shes fine, i promise i wont let her get hurt xx

i sent that and opened up the last one

Nathan - i know i am... please just tell me shes ok though, genuinely getting really panicy now, can i come over and explain? i know you might hate me but i need to talk to someone

i paused and sighed before clicking reply, after all he was still my best mate.

jay - i still think it was harsh... but fine, come on over then

i sent that and walked over to my door, i knew it would take nathan about two seconds to arrive so i decided to go downstairs. I glanced at star one last time before walking out and slowly closing the door.

I trundled downstairs and began to sort out the lounge after last night, i had just loaded the dishwasher when the doorbell went. I went out and opened it to see nathan standing there, lo9oking like an absolute wreck!

His eye was still black and purple but his nose looked a little better, even through his bruise i could see his eyes were bloodshot showing he had no sleep and was sick with worry. His face was white and he was wearing a pair of dirty trackies and a hoodie, the hood was up and he had just pulled off a pair of sunglasses.

I gave him an apolegitic look and opened the door further and allowed him to come through, we walked into the lounge and instantly paused dead in our tracks.

Star was standing there looking at us, her eyes froze on nathan and his did the same, i sighed and slowly pushed him forward before heading back to the door.

"i'll leave you two to talk, i'll be right outside if you need me"

they nodded and star gave me a 'thank you' look, i nodded before walking out and heading up to my room to get changed.

Nathan's P.O.V

Jay had left and we were standing there in awkward silence. i had absolutely no sleep last night because i was sick with worry about star, literally i threw up three times.

I looked up slowly, she was still as perfect as i remembered, even though her hair was everywhere and she was wearing jays trackies and hoodie, i decided to break the ice

"you look good"

she shrugged and looked at the floor before back at me

"i wish i could say the same"