C H A P T E R 1 | Beyonce Wanna Be Girl

Start from the beginning

"Oh, Casey right?" I returned the smile honestly. We didn't really speak but I saw her around quite frequently.

"Yep, what a coincidence I'm seeing you here," she laughed.

"It was nice seeing you," I pulled her into a hug. Once I pulled back, I turned around, ready to join Jasmine who stood a few meters away and watched at the scene.

"Wait," Casey called before I could go, "I know this is a weird question but, can I get a picture with you for my Instagram?" She wondered as she fiddled with her fingers nervously.

I noticed her fingernails were painted black, my favourite.

"Yes, of course," I smiled as I quickly fixed my hair to make sure I wasn't a complete mess and then posed for the picture. Casey grinned as she stepped up beside me, holding up her phone.

I was grateful there was no flash as she took the picture. Casey opened up her gallery to make sure the picture had come out okay - it had. It looked pretty nice too.

"Thank you! See you next school year," she stated, tucking a strand of her blond locks behind her ear. She put her phone in her pocket.

"Senior year, yikes!" I exclaimed with a laugh, giving a wince at the thought. The summer was almost over. Why couldn't Summer just last forever?

"Tell me about it," she laughed and we exchanged our goodbyes. I watched her walk away for a second before turning around and walking over to Jasmine.

"Dude, you're like a celebrity," Jasmine teases when I finally got the chance to join her again.

"Shut up, no I'm not," I objected as I rolled my eyes.

"Bella, you just took a picture with a random stranger in a random store!" Jasmine laughed, as she gave the clothes she was buying to the cashier.

"She's not a random person, she's in my bio class," I explained as I looked at the hand sanitizers they had. I contemplated buying one before deciding against it.

"So, if a guy from freshman year, came and asked you for a picture, you would take it with him?" She asked as she took out her purse to pay. She handed the money over to the cashier.

"Yes, I don't wanna be rude," I shrugged. Wouldn't it be rude or mean if I just said no to someone asking me for something as simple as a picture? It's not like it was going to hurt me or anything. The cashier handed Jasmine her change and she put it in her purse before throwing the purse back into her bag.

"My point is stated," she declared while grabbing her shopping bags. we walked out of the store and through the crowded mall.

"Just because a person wants to take a picture with me, doesn't mean I'm a celebrity," I replied.

"No. of course not, but when they see you and immediately want to take a picture with you, it's kinda creepy," she replied once we were already walking outside into the parking lot.

"Are you jealous you don't get a picture with me?" I teased, now looking around for Jasmine's car.

"Oh totally, I am just dying to take a picture with you, Bella," she replied sarcastically and pulled out a piece of paper and a pen from god knows where. "Can I also get your autograph?" she pretended to beg, a desperate look on her face.

I decided to humour this; "Well, of course, you can hun," I stated in a snobby tone, scribbling my 'autograph' on the paper as best I could while walking towards her car.

"I'm going to frame this," she held the paper in front of her face as she admired it.

"Shut up, let's go get lunch," I laughed and got into the passenger's seat while Jasmine threw her bags into the boot.