8th performance

Day 3 (Part 2/2)

Day 3 (Part 2/2)

Every muscle in Namjoon's body was clenched and his hands were shielding his face. But before anything could happen, the lion-boy got pulled back on his choker and Namjoon could see the magician standing over them.

"That's enough V!" he shouted and pulled on the collar like one would do with an angry dog.

The hand that had been in Namjoon's hair let go and the intern whimpered because of the pain on his scalp.

"This is unnecessary, V, and you know that," the magician continued, but V's reflecting eyes were glued to Namjoon and he tried to break free from the tight grip of the magician to end what he had started. What the fuck had he done to the lion-boy? He just had stated a truth. There was no reason for snapping at him.

"Shit!" he heard the magician hiss and then the blue-haired started to drag the screaming and fighting boy over the ground towards the tent. What the heck was happening here? Did he cause that scenario with just his words?

"Are you okay?" he heard the familiar voice of Jin, but ignored the older when he squatted down to check on him.

He had to follow V and apologize. With a groan he stood up and ran after the magician. He was amazed by the ease Suga dragged V along when the boy was twice the size of the magician and fought like a tiger. The younger had even ripped off the sleeve of the magician's jacket. God, what had he done.

Namjoon caught up with them in front of V's door, but instead of going inside the magician went one door further and pushed it open, throwing the lion-kid in. Startled, Namjoon peeked into the room and was greeted by the strangest picture he had ever seen: From the ceiling dangled a muscular man with bare upper body whose back was bent to lift his head and whose right hand rested on V's shoulder, staring the other in the eye. If he had to name him, Namjoon would call him Kaa like the snake from the Jungle book, because damn he looked smooth like a snake dangling from the ceiling. And one more thing made him think of a snake when he watched the scene. The younger stood there with wide puppy eyes, and looked like he was hypnotized. He looked like a five-year-old, insanity all gone, replaced by cuteness. God, he could be a plushy toy with those big orbs and sand, fluffy hair.

Smoothly, the snake-man reached out for one of the many black ropes that dangled from the ceiling like lianas and lowered his feet to the ground. Only now, Namjoon could see the tattooed back of the man completely; the whole back up to the beginning of the spiky black hair was tattooed as well as the upper arms. And the black and green inking did not end above the rim of the black ninja-trousers, but apparently went down further. Namjoon was not sure if he looked like a ninja or like a man of the Chinese triads. Both images matched the man just as perfect as the snake-image. They seemed to fit him even better considering the room he lived in. The walls were striped moss green and Chinese lanterns hung on them, radiating a soft, orange light. The floor was covered in carpets of different sizes and patterns and pillows that blend in with them. The high pile of pillows on the left wall under the black silken scarfs that hung from a wooden frame, just like one could find it on poster beds, must be the sleeping area, and on the right wall stood a big closet made of the same dark wood. The only other furniture was what looked like a closed altar with incense, whose smell filled the whole room, and a low tea table in the center of the room.