4th performance

Day 2 (Part 1/3)

Day 2 (Part 1/3)

Namjoon had walked to the circus right after university. He had been jittery all day long and his clumsiness had been much worse. He could not even remember the last time he had been nervous. Maybe that had been when he had received his first confession from a girl at his high school. He could not remember her name, because he had turned her down in an instant. Back than books and learning had been what he had lived for, style and socializing had just become important with entering university, the real world. But since then, he never had been nervous at all. Being rich and smart had its advantages.

But right now, he headed over to the tent's entrance under which he could already see the blue hair surrounded by the pink mist, illuminated by the park's lights, and his heart was beating like shit.

"Welcome back," the magician greeted him, the cat-eyes scanning him intensely. Hopefully, the other artists would be less intimidating than Suga. The latter had some weird presence wherever he was, like an aura that was almost physically notable. Namjoon just could not find out what that aura was. But he sure would over the next days.

"Good evening, hyung," he greeted the older.

"Well," the blue-haired started and took another drag from the black stick, "Let's get dressed, so I can introduce you to our first artist." With that he turned around and flicked the ciggy away, entering the tent. Curious what was waiting for him, Namjoon followed him.

Ten minutes later, he stepped out of his changing room, dressed in the silly yellow bear costume and embarrassed to the core. If his parents saw him like that, they would disown him. Uncertain, he looked at the magician who had waited in front of his door. But to his surprise, the other looked at him in sincere delight (and maybe a little amusement), and Namjoon instantly felt better. Maybe he did not look as bad as he thought.

"Please, remind me why I'm wearing this outfit, hyung," he though said to the blue-haired, lifting one eyebrow.

"If you come in your normal clothes, the others might be ...uncomfortable," the smaller explained carefully.

So, the artist did not like rich people? Well, to be honest, who liked rich people other than rich people? So, if the magician said it was to his own good, he would believe him, even if he hated the baggy onesie that dangled around his slim figure. Better not to piss off the host.

"Are you ready to meet the first artist?" Suga asked and his black orbs started to sparkle. The rainbow-eye went crazy with pulsating in all its colors.

"Yes," Namjoon breathed out and straightened his back. Let's see what hard and dirty work was like.

He followed the magician through the hallway and in front of the first door, the one closest to the exit. A big golden V was painted on the plain wood.

"Take off your shoes," the smaller instructed and kicked off his own, becoming bare foot. Namjoon obeyed and slipped out of his sandals.

With a last look over his shoulder, the magician opened the door. Into a dark room.

The first thing Namjoon noticed was the warm sand under his bare feet. This was unexpected, but really comfortable. But the second thing he noticed made him freeze in place. Two pairs of reflecting cat eyes looked at him from the dark, one a little bigger than the other. Too big for his liking.

"Hey, V! Can I turn on the lights?" Suga asked casually.

"Who's he?" a deep voice asked coldly, and the small reflecting eyes flickered over to the magician.

"Our intern. His name's Namjoon," the blue-haired answered and the familiar snap sounded through the dark.

Instantly, warm light flooded the room, coming from a light strip that went around the room, built into an overhang, causing the light to be reflected from the sand colored walls indirectly. This room too had the stripe-motive on the walls, but instead of wood the floor was fine, warm sand. On the wall opposite to the door stood a big old poster bed made of dark wood with white silken curtains. On the thin white blankets sat a tall, blonde boy with tanned caramel skin and golden eyes, who looked at him. And right next to him lay a female lion. A real, breathing, giant, terrifying fucking lion!

Namjoon had almost ran out of the room, if it was not for Suga who obviously was not affected by the sight at all. Shit, he had almost jumped out of his skin. But the boy distracted him when he jumped over the footboard with one elegant, swift move and landed on his bare feet like a cat. His movements were slow, but strong and determined; and one hell of intimidating. Namjoon had thought that Suga was a hard one, but next to this guy the magician was a plushy cat.

Slowly, the V-guy came closer and scanned him. The latter wore nothing but a wide pair of harem pants that had the same color as his hair and the walls and sand. His toned chest rose and fell making his caramel skin shine in the soft light. The only thing that broke the picture of soft harmony were the thick, dark-brown leather choker, more collar, and leather cuffs around his wrists and ankles. With massive metal eyelets. If anything, he would have expected those on the lion and not on the boy.

"What are the cuffs for?" he asked the magician quietly.

"Just for show," the blue-haired explained. But then he whispered a soft 'mostly' that did not seem to be meant for Namjoon's ears but still reached them. A cold shiver ran down his spine when he looked back at the lion-boy.

With two more cautious steps the younger stood in front of him and took in his appearance. Namjoon was strangely glad about the onesie that covered most of his body, revealing less to the golden eyes. Could this child seriously see in the dark? His orbs had reflected the light just like the lion's. Curious, he used the time to eye the other as well. V's eyes were beautiful, big golden discs with brown sprinkles, and his face was stunningly symmetrical. But there was something in his look, that triggered Namjoon's inner alarm. This boy was dangerous.

"Namjoon will help you with everything you need him for," Suga explained and broke the tension between the other two.

Like the magician had said something great, the pupils of the boy dilated, and a scary smile creeped on his lips. Yes, definitely dangerous.

"He will?" the blonde asked with an even lower voice, but it did not sound like a question at all. It rather was a threat. With a glance at the lion, Namjoon prayed he would leave alive.

Like V had given a secret sign the lion lifted itself up from the bed and jumped down elegantly, taking its place next to the boy. Scared, Namjoon stepped back to get more space between them. He would love to run, but he knew that this would not be clever regarding the hunting instinct of those animals. Instead he just stood still and breathed much too fast, his eyes avoiding the giant cat three feet away from him.

"Follow me," V hummed, his deep voice almost soothing, and he stepped out of the room.

"He does the lion and tiger show," Suga said.

"You don't say?" Namjoon retorted and went after the scary boy.

"Watch your fingers!" he heard the magician shout after him, and he hid his hands in the plushy sleeves.

God, please let this end fast!

>><<