Chapter 14- Marcanot!

(Mirayuki's point of view)

We had decided to split up and go to different towns and then we were to meet up at the final town. Meaning I was stuck being all alone with Obi and Izana. Since apparently it would be better for us to have Obi then to be all alone.

We were heading to Marcanot, the main place that exports coal. They are known for their mining and hunting grounds. The wildlife population has increased rapidly over the last 2 years. Now the animals out number people with a ratio of 1:10. It's not really that poor because of the tourists and mining guild. But they have a low birthdate because of the higq h death rate which is due to having many animal attacks.

So we are heading there to count how many people there are in the town and then we will have Obi go to Clarines to have two guards per household unless they have more than 6 people living there, then there will be three guards at those households.

"Alright we are almost to the town, we must stay on guard because this area is known for animal attacks." Obi told us even though we both already knew that.

Anri trotted down the road when we heard a scream. Before Obi or Izana could stop me I pulled on Anri's reigns to stop her. I whispered in her ear "Let's go help whoever screamed."

Anri flopped her ears which meant that she agreed with me. So we took off towards the forest to find whoever screamed at me.

(Obi's point of view)

I scream came from the northeast startling my horse, Aryana. Mirayuki's horse on the other hand wasn't startled at all. In fact Mirayuki stopped her horse all together before heading towards the scream.

Mirayuki has always been incredible like that. She always puts her safety after everyone else's. Her beautiful short black hair sparkles in the sunlight, making it almost look silver, as it blowed in the wind. Her pale skin glowed from the sunlight. Anri matched her as her fur now appears as a dark silver color.

"Should we follow her?" I asked Prince Izana but all he did was shake his head.

"No I'm sure she can hand herself, let's go on and get to work." Prince Izana replied and began to continue down the road. All I could do is hope that Mirayuki would be alright.

(Izana's point of view)

Of course I was worried about Mira, but I knew she could handle herself. I planned that if she doesn't get back before nightfall then me and Obi will go look for her.

Hopefully that Obi can protect me until Mira returns. After all, Mira is still my employe.

I heard another scream in the distance and hoped that Mira got there before it was to late.

(Mirayuki's point of view)

We ran through the forest until we saw a patch of blood on the ground. Then there was a trail of red dots. We heard another scream not to far from us. At least I knew the person was still alive.

We quickly followed the trail until we arrived at a lake. I saw near the shallow end a pack of wolves was chasing a little girl and a small dog. I quickly jumped of Anri and told her to run if it becomes to dangerous. I drew my sword and ran towards them. I grabbed a rock and threw it at the wolves while screamed "Hey Wolves why don't you come get me! I have more meat on me!"

That got there attention and they all ran towards me. I yelled to the girl "Get to higher ground!"

I then prepared myself for one of the hardest fights of my life, after all the ratio was right there was 10 wolves and only 1 of me.