Chapter 9- Effington.

^^^Picture of Remi^^^
(Mirayuki's point of view)

We all stride along on our horses backs under the piercing sun. It's heat striking against us making us all hot and sweaty. Thankfully since my uniform was to hot already I was able to stay pretty cool.

Anri bounced alrong the trail bobbing it's head to anyone who crossed our paths. Making us stop a couple times so children could watch her respond to them talking. Anri carried most of our supplies since I insisted that she could carry both me sand the supplies. It's almost like they weighted nothing to her though as she kept up with her bubbly attitude. She was so much like her previous owner, a good friend of mine named Remi Anakria. That was until Remi got extremely ill and told me to take Anri to see the world. This was when I was only 19 and Remi was 13. Anri was only 6 months old at the time and that was 2 years ago.

Remi I thought back fondly on our memories together. Remi was like a little sister to me and I always worried about her. Thankfully her parents sent me updates on her condition.

"We are almost to the first town." Izana stated to us while looking towards us.

"What town are we going to see first?" I asked him wondering a bit where we even where.

"Effington." He replied shortly before looking back towards the small town that appeared on the horizon.

"Ah this town is known to be one of the poorest in all of your kingdom. It's only export is hand-made jewelry. It also has the highest birthing rate along with the youngest death rate. Most people get married at 12 around here and by 15 they normally have children. They often die at around 25." I commented as we drew closer.

"Wait is that true Lord Brother?" Zen asked Izana clearly shocked about the condition of one of the cities in his kingdom.

"Sadly it is Zen, they are very poor." He responded with a monotone voice.

"Not only must they deal with all of that but they also have many gangs that come from other towns. So most likely if you don't die from starvation or a disease then you'll die from a gang attack." I added on to my previous facts. I had come to this town many times yet I wasn't much help. I mostly had to help them bury their loved ones. It was hard but I also made many friends there. Those who actually live to be old are the Elders who are protected above all else.

There are three elders who run the town, One female and two males. The oldest was Elder Kenji and his wife was the youngest Elder, Madam Coty. Then the Middle Elder, Sir Juro.

Kenji and Coty had three children Ken, Aytama, and Aide. But Aytama died after giving birth to her Son, Arul. Aytama's Husband killed himself from her death and now little Arul lived with Coty and Kenji. Ken ended up having three sons: Abich, Acanda, and Tadge. Ken was killed by a gang. But his wife and children are all living. Aide is the only one out of the three that is still alive. She has five children in all with her husband. Three boys Hansuke, Eito, and Saburo, Then two daughters Calista and Oili. Sir Juro however has only his some of his grand kids and a few great-grand kids alive.

We finally entered the town and the people were gathered around something, as we walked closer we saw a small little boy. He was probably around 10 but was still small for his age. A group of guys were beating him. Another gang fight out for blood. There was no way I was going to allow them to kill that boy.

I jumped of Anri and ran into the middle of the circle just in time to catch a fist. The boy looked up at me with awe. Probably because no one in the town can stand up to any gang members.

"So what's the reason for your "Divine Punishment" this time?" I mocked their so called mission in life.

"He stole medical supplies that were being shipped to the Leader's daughter." He replied with anger seething from him.

"Is this true kid?" I looked back at him with an eyebrow raised up.

"N-no ma'am." He stuttered back.

"He's lying!" The man yelled but I ignored him and brought out my sword.

"Now you can either leave this poor kid alone or I can slice you into bits." I smirked at them and they widened their eyes. He pack leader sighed and told them to retreat for now.

I helped the kid up with a small smile and asked "So kid what's your name?"

____________________________________

He y'all sorry it took so long but I've been a bit sick and I also went to the dentist today! No cavities but I have a pit in my gums that need to be filled😂 hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Remember to Vote, Comment, and follow!