Chapter 13- Arul!

(Mirayuki's point of view)

Slowly my eyes fluttered open and I was wrapped up in many blankets near the fireplace on the small couch chair.

I then noticed that Obi was near me playing some worn out board game with Arul and Saburo. Arul had gotten so big I almost couldn't recognize him. After all it had been quite some time since I had been here. Obi's cat like eyes reflected the fire. He smirked ever so slightly at Arul.

He was probably around 17 now and he had matured quite nicely. His slick black hair and bright royal blue eyes. He wore a black hoodie with jeans and navy tennis shoes.

Saburo was watching the game intently and every so often Arul would ask Saburo to make a move for him.

On the couch Zen and Shirayuki was sound asleep in each other's arms. Oddly enough I had come to take Shirayuki back home with me but now I don't know if I can even go back myself. Wait! What am I saying, of course I have to go back! I left Yuki back then to be with father. I can't leave him, I will have to go back eventually, but most likely I will let Yuki stay.

Hansuke, Oili, and Coty were trying to teach Oili how to say ice cream. Though every time it came out as Ita Cweam. The two just chuckled at the smallest member of the family.

I then saw Izana across from me reading one of the old books from the small bookshelf. He seemed very interested in it. He actually had a pair of glasses as he read the book. Mistuhide and Kiki were no where to be found.

"Ah look whose finally awake. Did you enjoy your little nap Mira?" I saw Izana smirking at me.

I slowly sat up and asked "How long was I out for?"

"Only 3 hours, but Shirayuki and my brother of there have been asked for 2 so you haven't missed much." He responded before nodding towards Arul.

"That one there told me that he's gonna try out to be a royal guard."

"Arul is that true? Your leaving Effington?" I questioned him with worry laced into my voice.

He slowly stood up and I could see the passion in his eyes before he responded "I have to, I have to leave and make more money before I can ever settle down entirely. So many people here are killed every day, most of them are only children and they are off getting married and having children!" He yelled at me as two stray tears slid down his face.

Saburo stood up immediately and screamed "No! Please don't leave!" That's the most emotion he has shown since we had been here. He ran back upstairs away from all of us.

"I have a girlfriend now and I'm bringing her with me to Clarines. It's time this town got better." He said before walking calmly up the stairs to go talk to Saburo.

"I didn't mean to cause any trouble." Izana commented with a frown on his face.

"You didn't, I suppose some people are going to have to leave to make this place better." I responded with a small smile.

"Yeah but Tadge, Abich, and Acanda are all leaving too for the same reason. Plus Saburo has always looked up to Arul." Hansuke told us with a sad smile on his face as he looked towards the ground.

"What are the triplets going to do?" I questioned him but I could tell that he didn't like the fact that they were leaving.

"Abich is going to be a member in the royal guard like Arul. But Acanda is going to be a blacksmith and Tadge is going to be a horse trainer." City responded while patting Hansuke on the back.

"We have to leave soon Mira." Izana told me with a sad smile on his face. All I did was nod and began to tell everyone good-bye.