Chapter 7- Izana.

(Zen's point of view)

"How do you exactly know Mirayuki?" I questioned him while he stood there looking annoyed.

"She's the second in command for the lions so naturally I've had many encounters with her." He replies like he's recalling an important detail from a book.

"Normally you wouldn't associate with anyone who didn't have a title." I threw back at him confused by how he's acting.

"Technically she sort of does. Although we aren't used to 'The friend of the Crown' title it is used in other kingdoms. Since she travels a lot she actually is called 'The friend of the Crown' in many kingdoms." He replies to me without showing much interest in this conversation.

(Mirayuki's point of view)

I sent a messenger bird to my father to let him know I had arrived safely. Now I was waiting for Prince Izana because he apparently needed me for something.

"Ah Mirayuki your here. Good please come in." A guard popped out of the doorway and ushering me in to face Izana.

"Yes, Prince Izana? What can I help you with?" I bowed slightly before standing back up to face him.

"I would like to strike a deal with you." He says with a tiny smirk.

"Alright what is it then?" I asked with my eye brows raised slightly.

"You can stay at the castle but you will work as my body guard. You will be payed for your work as well." He responded with a questioning smile and waited for my response.

"Why would you want me to protect you?" I asked with my brows furrowed. I couldn't understand why he would want me to protect him.

"Well I've known you for awhile so I definitely trust you. Plus I can't imagine anyone else who is a better fighter than you. So what do you say?" He explained to me.

'Well I could really use the money. Plus I love fighting anyway so it's not like it would be boring.' I thought to myself before responding "Alright when do I start?"