045

I'm so sorry I missed an update ! I was in hospital pretty much all day yesterday please forgive me!
—————
"Scream if you're ready for the annual Seoul School Athletics Competition!" The announcer yelled out energetically

A roaring sound from the crowd came up, loud enough to be heard from practically anywhere in Seoul. It was loud enough to shake the area I was in, shaking my heart more than it already was.

Today was the competition. I had been training super hard in a short period of time due to some of the skipped sessions, and even so I didn't think I was ready.

I could smell the must from the old changing rooms, and despite it smelling bad, it brought me a sense of comfort.

Knowing that Yuta and all my new friends were going to be there made me nervous. Throughout my whole life, I'd loved running, despite my liability to be ill. Only Hansol had ever accompanied me to a competition and the fact that he wasn't here made my nervous worse.

"Alright, can the athletes doing hurdles please come up?" The second announcers voice called out, I knew her, that was Sooyoung, but everyone called her Joy due to the happiness she brings everyone when she's around.

"Everyone wish me luck!" Nari called out to us. After Jaerin and Cheryl introduced me to her, we became pretty close. I silently wished her luck because I knew that hurdles could be seriously irritating.

What felt like hours passed, and before I knew it, my event was being called up.

"200m runners, please come out to the track now" Taking a deep breath, I stood up, my knees were wobbly and my legs shook.

As I stepped out onto the track, I suddenly became aware of the amount of people that were actually there. The number could be likened to 3,000+. This made my heart beat more intensely.

The referee approached us after taking a long gulp of water:
"Okay everyone. On your marks" I crouched into position awaiting the next words, "Get set...GO!" The sound of the gun shot into the air and before I knew it I was up and running.

My heart was pounding and my legs were burning but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't find it in me to slow down. The pressure of disappointing my team, family and friends was too high.

I risked a look up and saw that I was second, and we were reaching the bend. If I didn't catch up now I would come second.

With the little energy I had left, I gave myself into it, almost stumbling and falling in the process. The wind was beating at my face, trying to slow me down, but seeing the finish line so near yet so far made me push all my energy into it. With one last painful push, I threw myself at the finish line, immediately falling over in the process.

"AND WE HAVE A WINNER... YOON MIRAE OF THE SEOUL STARS" The audience screamed at their loudest volume yet all I could hear was the loud volume of the blood rushing through my ears and my heart beating sporadically.

I could feel my body going numb, yet I forced myself to stand to receive the gold medal. My heart swelled with pride and my eyes began to water, from the intense pain I was feeling. The familiar taste of iron in my mouth overwhelmed my senses and my body began to become rapidly number.

"Mirae you did it!" I could hear the pounding of footsteps and I was crushed in a huge hug.

It was worth it

———
So. The story is ending like in 1-2 chapters and I'd like to take the time to say, once again, thank you so much for reading !!