043

"Mirae, I hope you know what you're doing," a voice whispered to me, it was Yuta.
I rolled my eyes once again; He'd been repeating this same phrase over and over and it was pretty annoying

"Yes, for the last time Yuta, I know what I'm doing. We're going to wait around whilst Cheryl confronts Jaerin, then when she admits it we come out, like I've told you a billion times"

Although I sounded confident, I was nervous. I'd never been a confrontational person and going up against someone like Jaerin made me scared. Her influence in the school is no joke and if all this goes wrong who knows what'll happen.

My heart started racing once I saw Jaerin walk up to the spot Cheryl was standing at. It was going to happen. This was it.

"What do you want Cheryl?" Jaerin's voice called out, strong and icy. Unconsciously, I inched back a little bit more behind the bush I was crouched behind, afraid that if she laid her eyes on me, I'd freeze.

"I'm here to talk about the plan." Cheryl responded, equally as strong but not as cold.

It's fine Mirae, Cheryl has this under control.

"Go on. I'd like to know why you acted like that after I said what I said" My eyebrows furrowed in annoyance. She said it like it was so normal to try and ruin someone's life.

"I'm quitting. The plan is crude and horrible and I can't believe that you want to continue. Do you have any idea how Mirae would feel?"

"What? Cheryl what are you saying-" I couldn't control it anymore. The idea that she's confused as to why Cheryl would try and quit made my blood boil.

"So it's true. Jaerin, I'm disgusted. How could you. Why do you take joy in making someone's life hard?!" The words tumbled out, unable to stop. Slowly, the rest came out from where they were hiding.

Jaerin's eyes went wide,
"W-what is this? Cheryl... Wait-"

"Save it Jaerin. The fact that you're trying to explain your actions is horrible and shows what kind of person you are. You're unwelcome. Delete my number and any form of contact." Ten shouted before turning around walking off.

I'd never seen Ten this angry before and it was pretty scary, considering the fact that he's usually a calm person.

"W-wait! Ten!" Jaerin called out to him, but the no avail as he continued walking and didn't look back.

"Jaerin, I hope you're disappointed with yourself. You've just lost us all as friends," Yuta finally said, before taking my hand and walking away. I looked back and saw her simply standing there. I almost felt bad but I looked forward again, ignoring the feeling.

She didn't deserve our sympathy.