18

"Its eyes were glowing." Scott said to Chris Argent.

Isaac, Amelia, Scott and Allison stood in Argent's office, his daughter cleaning him up from a fight.

"There was something almost ritualistic about it." Argent said, not wincing once at the pain. Allison stayed cleaning his wounds. Amelia let out a sigh, standing next to Isaac as he sat on Argent's desk.

"Like it was looking right into his soul." Argent continued.

Amelia nodded, "That's what they did to me." Then, Isaac looked at her, "And me." He agreed, then looking back at Argent and Allison.

"That's what they did to everyone." Allison butted in.

"Not everyone, they only came after the werewolves." Scott stated.

Amelia looked at him, raising a brow, "I'm not a werewolf."

"Neither is Lydia." Allison said.

"Anyone with a connection to the supernatural." Argent said. "What are you?" He looked at Amelia.

Amelia stared at him, "Not our biggest priority." She swallowed.

He frowned, making them all look at her. "You don't know yet, you mean." Argent corrected.

"Well, do you?" She questioned.

Argent looked away in defeat, swallowing thickly.

"Exactly." She mumbled, letting out a small huff.

"We'll find out." Scott nodded reassuringly.

Isaac grabbed onto her hand, her eyes widening in a slight surprise, but held onto his hand. He squeezed it gently, watching her carefully.

She was first to look away, and then he spoke up. "Then who was the guy they went after in Japan?" Isaac questioned Argent.

"A kumicho. A yakuza boss. It was my first gun deal. I was only eighteen and it was supposed to be a simple exchange." Argent said. "But Gerard left out the minor detail of the buyers being yakuza. He wanted to see if I could adapt in the moment. Testing my ability to improvise."

"Or your ability to survive." Allison suggested.

"The moment the sun went down, it was like they materialized out of the shadows." Argent said, ignoring his daughters statement.

Amelia listened carefully when he mentioned the men that had essentially looked into her soul. "They had swords, not curved like katanas but straight, black steel. Like ninjatos."

"What did they want?" Scott asked him.

"To get to the kumicho. They cut down every living thing in their way." Argent answered.

Amelia stared in one place, before averting her eyes to Isaac when he started to speak. "Did they mark him like they did us?"

"Not exactly." Argent answered truthfully.

"What was he?" Amelia asked the man.

"I don't know, but there might be someone who does. There were a few others survived that night. One of them was a man named Katashi." Argent said. "They called him Silverfinger because of an unusual prosthetic, and it looked like he was going to take them all himself."

All of their eyes stayed on the man sitting in te office chair, "I've known for awhile Katashi was in the country. I spent yesterday tracking him down."

Argent had looked at his daughter after she finished cleaning his wouds. "Didn't look like he wanted to be found." Isaac pointed to him.

"Not particularly, no." Argent said.