05

Coach Finstock walked away from the main office with several keys in his hands, blowing his whistle, catching everyone's attention.

"Listen up, the meet's been pushed to tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of judgement when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be pairing up, so choose wisely. And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves." Coach shouts to the class.

"I'm gonna be with Allison and Lydia awhile, I'll see you later, yeah?" Amelia asked Isaac, her eyebrows raised.

"Yeah, see you later. Be careful. I mean it," Isaac said before he kissed her cheek and walked away.

Isaac realized what he had done, his eyes widening.

Amelia stood in shock, her eyes also widened.

"Amelia?" Lydia asked, "Are you okay?"

"Uh– I'm fine." Amelia nodded her head.

"I just thought– You don't feel it?" Lydia's voice was soft and small.

Amelia frowned as Allison stopped in her tracks.

"Lydia?" Both Allison and Amelia said.

"I don't like this place." Lydia mumbled.

"I don't think the people who own this place like this place." Allison said.

"Lydia, it's just for a night." Amelia shrugged slightly.

"A lot can happen in one night." Lydia mumbled as she stared at the motel.

Amelia sat on Allison's bed, letting out a loud sigh.

"I'm going to shower. Lydia? Can you go and get towels? They reek of nicotine." Allison asked as Lydia was zoned out.

Amelia laid down on her back, hearing that Allison had started her shower. She sighed, "This sucks."

About a few minutes later, Allison shouted from the shower, "Lydia, did you get the towels?"

Amelia looked over at Lydia, frowning as she sat up. "Lydia?"

"Amelia, can you?" Allison asked.

"Yep." Amelia nodded as if Allison could see her.

Amelia got up, going to stand up in front of Lydia. "Come on, come with me."

Amelia held onto Lydia's hand, handing her the towels.

"So. What exactly do you feel here?" Amelia asked her.

"A lot has happened here, I can feel it." Lydia nodded, holding onto her arm.

"I don't feel anything." Amelia shook her head.

"We'll find out what you are and how you survived Peter's bite." Lydia said.

"Yeah, I guess." Amelia sighed.

They both arrived at the main office, well desk, looking for a person.

"Excuse me," Lydia called out. "The cart on the dresser says we have a non-smoking room, but somehow, all of our towels reek of nicotine."

An old aged woman walked around the corner, a small smile on her face, "Sorry about that, sweetheart," her raspy voice said.

That explains it, Amelia thought.

Her eyes wandered to the back as the woman took the towels to get new ones. Her eyes found a number in the back, frowning a little.

"What's that?" Amelia asked, getting both the woman and Lydia's attention. "The number,"

"It's kind of an inside thing for the hotel. My husband insists on keeping it up," the lady says with a laugh.

"What do you mean?" Lydia asked.

"It's a little bit morbid, to be honest," The lady said.

"Tell us." Amelia said.

"You sure you want to know?" She asked.

Both Amelia and Lydia nodded.

"We're not going to be at the top of anyone's list when it comes to satisfaction," The lady said. "But we are number one in California when it comes to one disturbing little detail." She continued. "Since opening, more than any other hotel in California, we've had the most guest suicides."

Amelia tensed at the thought, her eyes widening, as well as Lydia's.

Their eyes flicker back to the number. 198.

"One ninety-eight." Amelia mumbled.

"And counting." The lady laughed.

Amelia's breathing began to go uneasy, backing away from the desk.

Lydia stood in place, then began walking away as well.

"Sweethearts, you forgot your towels!" The lady shouted.

They both walked quickly towards their room, Amelia pulling her hair back as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Oh my God, oh my God," Amelia breathed, walking into the room with Lydia behind her.

"Why the hell do they do that? That's so– Why?" Amelia said, pacing around the room.

Amelia had realized she saw Lydia stop and look closely at the vent nearby.

"Lydia?" Allison walked out of the bathroom.

"Lydia," Amelia tried to get her attention. "What's wrong?"

Lydia shrieked, backing away from the vent with her hands clasped over her mouth.

"You didn't hear that?" The strawberry blonde asked.

"Hear what?" Amelia walked closer.

"The two people in the other room– They shot each other." Lydia breathes heavily.

Next thing they knew, Lydia rushed past her sister and her best friend.

The two brunette's looked at eachother before they rushed out after her.

"Lydia?" Her sister called out, seeing Lydia whimpering and small tears streaming down her face.

Lydia took a deep breath, "Hello?"

Her hand had found the light switch to the room, flicking it on. The room was being renovated, plastic tarps were along the floor and some machines that Amelia didn't know were scattered in the room.

Amelia sighed, "Lydia, what the hell are you doing?"

Lydia ignored her, "It had to be right here," she cried. "It was a guy and a girl. They sounded younger, but they were here."

Amelia and Allison stepped forward, a frown on each of their faces.

"We believe you. After everything we've been through, we believe you." Amelia said softly, Allison nodding as she agreed with Amelia.

"So something is wrong with this place." Amelia sighed, pacing around the room her, Allison and Lydia are in.

"But they were all suicides, not murders; and it's not like this place is haunted, right?" Allison asked, her arms crossed over her chest.

The brunette's and the strawberry blonde were eager to leave that place, but they knew they couldn't.

"Allison, I bet you that couple made their suicide pact right in that very room. Maybe that's why they're renovating, maybe they've been scraping brain matter off the wood paneling," Lydia snapped.

Allison remained quiet, then she looked up to the brunette and the strawberry blonde.

"Maybe we should find out."