Chapter Three.

P.O.V of Dick.

As soon as I got into school my brothers peeled off to their friend groups, Jason with the 'cool kids' and Tim with the 'nerds' whilst I stayed by myself, the outsider since Barbra left last year. One of the downfalls of being the youngest amongst your only friend. Notice the lack of plural, she was my only friend. Thankfully as soon as we arrived the bell went and we headed to our first class, I was in P.E and Jason had been moved up for this class. Hopefully this wouldn't be as disastrous as last lesson; I vividly remember Lucas' face as he beat me up. I changed quickly and headed into the gym. After a couple of minutes the rest of the class filed in, followed by Artemis. Guess she was teaching us P.E today.
"Alright class. Let's start simple." She said, "I'm going to need you all to run five laps of the hall for me."
"But this hall is the size of a football pitch miss." One of the students, Kevin I think, complained.
"Would you like me to make it six?" She asked which she got a chorus of no's and we were off.
Jason and I kept pace next to each other, not to fast but not too slow.
"When should we be out of breath for her?" He asked.
"Fourth lap we walk half of it." I replied, "Then we go back into a slightly slower jog for the final lap."
"That sounds better than average." He pointed out.
"Yeah, but the class knows we're the best athletes." I said as we started our second lap, "We have to keep to both parties."
"Right." He nodded, "That's why you are always sent on undercover missions."
"No, that's just because I'm adorable." I chuckled.
We followed through and returned to Artemis soon followed by the rest of the class, who unlike us, their sweating and their panting wasn't fake.
"Good." Artemis said, "Today's activity is going to be self-defence. Can the two best sportsmen come up for the example?"
The whole class looked at Jason and I and we, hesitantly, stepped forward as he muttered, "So much for secrets."
I chuckled under my breath and then laughed even harder as Artemis instructed us the best command I had ever heard, "I don't want you to hold back. As soon as you have your opposition into a sure death position, stop."
"Are we going to go full out Dick?" Jason asked me in front of the class.
"Of course Jay." I smirked and he smirked back, "If that is what the teacher wants."
"Begin." She said.
Jason only just dodged my first kick around to him but as he ducked he was meat with my fist as I stretched under my leg in a very unnatural position. He stumbled back and when I went to flip over him he grabbed my ankle and dragged me down onto the floor hard enough that I saw stars. As he came down to grab my neck I rolled over and stood up, jumping on his back and expecting him to fall on his face. What he did however was then flip me over the top of him. I stood back up and we faced each other. His nose was bloody and he was favouring his left side, and I could say the same of me. This time he came at me first and feinted right, which I saw and so caught his fist and twisted until I heard it snap.
"Why you little-" He growled as he looked down at his hand which was now backwards.
As he ran at me I went over to the wall and climbed up the gym equipment and smirked down at him. He just smirked back and before I even registered what had happened a 20kg weight disk knocked the wind from me and I landed on the floor. He came over, despite how much Artemis was now protesting, but as he again reached down I brought my legs up and wrapped them around his neck, in a position where I could easily break his neck.
"I take that as I won." I panted.
"Next time I'll throw a heavier weight." He growled as I released him and we both stood up.
"Jay, I'm sure your max for throwing is currently 20." I replied as we walked back over to the rest of the class, "When you can press the full fifty it can increase to 30."
"Boys are you okay?" Artemis asked and the class laughed at the stupid question.
"Yeah, we're fine." Jason replied then looked down at his wrist again as if just remembering about it, "Would you mind?" He held it out to me.
I smirked at I twisted it back into position, chuckling at his hiss of pain.
"Well Miss Crock." I addressed her, "What was it you wanted to teach us?"
"Both of you to the medical room now." She ordered, "The rest of the class will be learning basic fighting skills."
I laughed as we went back down the hallway and headed to the medical room. As soon as the nurse saw us she came over.
"What happened?" She asked in a bored voice.
"Gym class happened." Jason replied.
"Alright," She said, "Put an ice pack on it and come back if it still hurts after lunch."
Yay, school nurses. Jason and I took the packs and headed back to gym class.
We entered to see the class learning basic punching techniques, but they applauded when they saw us. Artemis looked over from putting the weight back and scowled at us, coming over.
"What was that boys?" She asked.
"Sorry, next time I won't hold back as much." I said, and Jason smirked because he knew that I had held back a fair amount.
"Why are we protecting you when you can fight like that?" She said.
"Because he's an idiot and most of that was luck." Jason replied, "He can't fight in a real situation, just against me."
"If I get fired because of you-"
"Relax Artemis," I interrupted her, "We won't spill. It's the rest of the class you have to worry about."
She went back over to the class and the lesson continued without much happening. However, they were promised more fighting lessons if no-one found out that they were happening. I guess that was one way of keeping the class quiet.