He saw two. Two of everything.

Two marled faces, two sets of yellowed teeth. Two gouts of blood beading on the surface of his skin, two claws ripping painfully into his flesh.

And suddenly everything was normal.

Pain. It was the first thing he felt.

It hit him in rolling waves, drawing a gasp of agony from his chapped lips.

His skin was on fire. The feeling was suffocating.

He could hear the click of metal. The drag of a pipe. The fastening of footfalls.

Then,

thunk.

One of the three zombies on top of Namjoon was smacked hard across the head with a flash of dulled metallic, falling back with a grunt from the sheer force of the blow.

A droplet of liquid dripped onto his skin. The abrupt sensation made him flinch.

He guessed it was blood.

He watched hazily as a familiar face beat away the cannibalistic creatures tearing into him.

Smack.

A second one was smashed around the skull and Namjoon languidly turned his head, teeth grit, watching as a rotting face stared lifelessly into his eyes.

Milk white against coffee brown.

Namjoon's mind went blank at the mere sight of it.

Then a strange tearing sound followed. And Namjoon screamed.

Something was penetrating his skin. A raging fire burned like a thousand blazing wildfires upon his exposed flesh.

Teeth. Claws. Tongue.

He could feel it all, so deeply that it repulsed him.

The creature ate away at him feverishly, the squelching of the meat on his bones nauseating him further.

He was disorientated, pain the first and only thing on his mind, gaping mouth wide in complete and utter torment.

Thwack.

Hot blood sprayed like water from a hosepipe across his nose and cheeks, dripping down his temples.

Everything was on fire.

Jungkook's anguished face came into the elder's vision, the cast iron pipe he bore in his right hand falling like lead from his grasp.

It clattered to the ground.

And only then did it occur to Namjoon that the mysterious substance that dripped on his skin was not blood.

It was saltwater, for Jungkook was crying.

"Hyung," he brokenly sobbed, dropping to his grazed knees beside the wounded man. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so, so, so sorry."