| 1 |

"At 3:45 pm today, a fire broke out in Seoul. The famous building 'Jaesan' belonging to notorious CEO Kang Haneul exploded in the midst of the fire, killing thirteen and injuring fifty four.

Shortly afterwards at 3:56, a biting attack reportedly took place in the same area, and twenty one were injured before the area was quarantined.

Police advise citizens to stay inside the safety of their homes as these attacks are becoming predominantly more frequent. Reports of similar assaults have been announced in at least every country so far."

The lady on the screen turned to her male companion, her face masked in a business-like facade. The man beside her continued.

"Many think these attacks are the cause of unhappy protestors, but others believe they're the work of quote on quote zombies." He emphasised the word as if he found the mere idea hilarious.

The woman frowned at him and swivelled around to face the camera.

"Though, they wouldn't exactly be wrong." She told him, and the man glanced at her, nodding. "The victims of these attacks were covered in bite marks and had chunks of flesh missing from their bodies.

Traces of the victim's DNA was found inside the culprit's stomach. From viral videos, too, the attackers seem to have been heavily mutilated or perforated with bullets and are still able to stand."

"Scientists in institutes all over the world believe that these attacks are caused by lethal diseases, and are working hard toward finding a cure. For now, please stay inside your homes and be safe."

Jimin frowned, his eyes glued to the television screen. "Wah, this is scary." He mumbled to himself, plunging his fork into the large bowl of ramen on the cushion placed upon his lap.

He forced a generous amount into his mouth and lifted the TV remote, backing up the recorded programme and flicking through the many streaming channels.

The front door slammed shut with a loud 'bang' and Jimin turned toward the noise, swallowing the noodles quickly.

"Welcome back, dad." He shouted and glanced back at the TV screen, a nostalgic smile playing upon his lips as he listened to his father's tired footsteps wander upstairs.

Ultimately, Jimin settled on watching a K-Drama called While You Were Sleeping. His friends had told him it was surprisingly good and he was rather eager to check it out.

He stared at the TV with a lucid interest, utterly engrossed. Every now and then he'd gather up a forkful of noodles and wolf them down.

A loud noise abruptly sounded from the speaker and Jimin jumped, startled, watching Bae Suzy blackout into nothing. He frowned.

"We interrupt this programme to inform you of an urgent message."

Jimin paused. This had never happened before.

"Due to the--"

"Now isn't the time for the informative crap!" The TV squeaked loudly as a microphone was passed, and the vague cry of a man shouting 'wait!' could be heard in the background.

"Something is happening—a pandemic of some kind." A deep voice drawled, a grim cadence in their tone. "People all around the world are coming back from the dead. Like zombies, those reliving stumble around with a taste for human flesh. No matter how much you harm them, nothing fazes them. I can only assume a bite from them is fatal. Stay inside and fortify your homes and I pray that you have an extensive food supply. Stay safe, and god be with you."

The TV screen blacked out once again and flickered back to his beloved K-Drama, but Jimin still remained frozen. He almost choked on his ramen. What?