| 7 |

??? P.O.V

There has never been a time where home was a luxury to me.

Home was a sanctuary, a paradise; the only place where you could truly be yourself.

Home was whatever you wanted it to be. But my home, no matter how much love I nursed it with, was patently dysfunctional.

For years now, my 'home' has been vacant. The oldest residents that thrived beyond its mildew-spotted walls were the spider's webs.

Though, even their intricate beauty had been ruined by the mercilessness of time, hanging from thinning strings like rags of dust.

My home was empty. Completely and utterly empty.

It had been many years since a footstep echoed within those walls, since the dust had been disturbed and the ghosts awoken.

The heart of my home lay only in old sepia photographs.

But when not even a beam of sunlight streamed through the cesspool I called my home, when not even the spiders desired to thrive there anymore, six unforeseen presences so brilliant set the whole place alight.

To me, they were the stars that glimmered so brightly in the depths of their own eyes, a dim fire lit in the empty fireplace of the house I had long forgotten.

The place that had seemed uninhabited in my mind for so many years sparkled with a new kind of happiness. Love.

These boys, my best friends, had turned this dysfunctional house into a home. Our home.

Even now, I could see the welcoming flicker of orange light that bathed our home in a warm lustre; the bright smiles adorning their sun-lit faces and their rowdy shrieks of laughter were faint in the screaming wind.

Kim Seokjin, Kim Namjoon, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, Jeon Jungkook. We weren't perfect but I've learnt that our perfections outlived our flaws.

To me, they were home.

I just hoped they knew I was waiting for them here on the other side.

xxx

*Four hours earlier*

"You're joking, right?" The distressed voice of Namjoon almost shrieked, eyes impossibly wide.

Jin said nothing. He didn't have anything to say other than the obvious answer to his question.

He merely hung his head.

Namjoon melted into his chair, hands slipping weightlessly down his face as a long, jaded sigh blew from his chapped lips.

Namjoon had suspected the absence of the stock, but the fact that it had dissipated so early almost baffled him.

Had he miscalculated?

Even if they had seven members, it was way too early to fall at such loss. Sure, clumsy accidents happened and food was spilt (mostly all incidents had him to blame), but the number of tinned goods they 'borrowed' from Jin's house was almost enough to feed their entire fan base.

And that said something.

Namjoon's hands slipped from his face and hung loosely at his sides. He was losing it already. In his eyes, he'd been such an idiot for not realising and the fact that his slight slip-up would cost all of the members brewed a deep guilt inside of him.