The air was so cold that it burned his lungs and yet he couldn't stop inhaling. It had been so long since he'd been outside, since he'd felt the wind on his face.

He'd missed the sweet, fresh and painfully palliative undertone of grass, almost forgotten the beauty of the small daisy patches littered across the vulnerable expanse of the field.

Yoongi, on the other hand, ignored those kinds of thoughts despite them pecking away at his brain. He was all too used to the dreary shade of the world, to the enticing smells that contrasted against the abhorrent.

He glanced about him, ignoring the maknae's recitation of the plan and studied the landscape.

His dull eyes took in the slit in the fence where they had first slipped into the field, studied the gradually darkening sky, black with the abrupt appearance of rain clouds.

A panicked hum from beside him drew those same glittering eyes to Hoseok's form.

His own cesspools had lost all liveliness.

Hoseok knew what he must do when he came out here, what troubles would be expecting their emergence.

But what shook him so was them. Crowded around the chainlink fences, clawing to get in. Skin peeling from newly rotting faces, teeth bared in an endless hunger for humanity.

Them.

"Hey," Namjoon's voice sighed, fed up with the group whose attention always seemed to stray. "you guys weren't listening at all."

Attention now drawn, Hoseok turned to the group, swallowing his nerves with a purse of his shaking lips.

"I was listening," Yoongi grumbled mendaciously to the older man.

Jungkook shot him a slightly irked frown. "You weren't."

Facing the tall brown-haired man, Yoongi levelled him with a glare, a subtle scowl curling his lips. "Don't call me out on my bullshit."

Namjoon sported a wronged snarl. "Quiet, you two." He snapped. "Hoseok's listening, why can't you?"

Said red-haired man bridled as Yoongi and Jungkook turned to look at him, studying his startled face with sharp eyes before turning back and mumbling out a simultaneous, "he wasn't."

With a morose huff, Namjoon shook his head. "I will actually toss you shitpiles over the fucking fence."

Hoseok managed a tight smile, an odd contrast to the unbothered Yoongi to his right who rolled his dark eyes.

"Did you check the perimeter?" He asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah," Namjoon assured. "None of them slipped in, but there's a break in the fence on the northeast side—one we didn't make. It's wide enough to fit a person through."

Yoongi gave a sharp nod before a delayed perplexity flared in his features. "I'm surprised they haven't found it yet." He remarked. "We'll have to keep an eye on it. You think tie wraps would secure it?"

Jungkook circled the building and glanced over at it. "Probably." He told them, studying the large aperture in the fence.

Namjoon's eyes flickered to it unconsciously. "They'd do good to secure it, for now, I suppose. It's just...something's not settling right."

Hoseok cut in quickly, eyes wide and deathly serious. "What do you mean?" He breathed.

"I don't remember seeing a hole that big when we first sought asylum here. Either they're stronger than we think or," Namjoon spared a solemn glance at the group. "it's something else."