One call away

The song for this chapter is One call away by Charlie Puth

CHAPTER 22 - ONE CALL AWAY

SILVIA'S POV

"I'll start." Tess said gleefully once we'd all sat around the table again, after having cleaned up the mess of plates, leaving only glasses of wine. One hour more to midnight. When her eyes fell on me, I knew I was right: she was up to something.

"Sissy ..." she mentioned with a grin, ignoring my glare as her ex snickered at the nickname. Trey already isn't my favorite person in this group given his history with my best friend, making fun of me definitely doesn't help his cause. And he think I'll help him get back with Tess if he acts like that? Tsk. "Truth or dare?" Tess questioned.

I nonchalantly leaned back against my seat, playing with my glass, and answered with a smile: "Truth." I know her, she'll start off with an innocent question, just to warm up the audience and because she knows she'll never catch me in foul unless she's tired me out first.

She wasn't surprised, predictably. "Have you ever had a pet?" Case in point. Harmless questions first.

I barely retained a yawn. "I had a dog when I was 16. His name was Jack-" They all laughed, obvious, while Jake frowned. "I said Jack, not Jake, keep calm."

He snorted. "Nevertheless, for some reason the fact that you would give my name to a dog doesn't surprise me."

I smirked. "Why not? Jake the Mastiff, I definitely like it." He gave me a dirty look while the others laughed, but I ignored it, turning to Tess. "So, I've answered, it's my turn now, I guess, right?"

She nodded. "Pick any person at the table."

I bit my lips, eyeing them all, even though my adversary was mainly my fiercest attacker, Miss Tess Terribly Stubborn Doherty. But I swerved, to send her off track. "Trey." I called.

He blinked his eyes, surprised. Even he knows I don't really like him. "Yeah?" He sounded a little annoyed. Right, I don't like him, but given that I keep refusing to help him out with Tess, he doesn't like me either. Curious how, if it weren't for Tess, or well, Jake, none of us at this table would be together.

"Truth or dare?" I asked, looking between Trey and his ex, who I bet knew what I was playing at.

He closed one eye pretending to think hard. "Mmh ... dare." Predictable.

I nodded. "I dare you to ... follow my orders."

"What?"

"Execute the orders I give you for the next 20 seconds."

"Seriously?!"

I chuckled. "Hey, you dared me to lick the floor."

"Yeah, but ..."

"What? A big boy like you is scared?" I mocked, knowing full well his ego wouldn't resist.

He sent me a dirty look, especially because his ex at the other side snickered. "Fine." Trey agreed grudgingly, eyeing Tess. ""Rules are rules, I guess." He scoffed. "If you choose dare, you do the dare. No backing out. Shoot."

I licked my lips, savoring my imminent victory. Just a teeny-weeny revenge for how much he put my best friend through. "Ok, somebody set a timer, please."

"Done." Paul eagerly said, showing us his phone as he laughed.

"Good. Now Trey, stand up." I ordered. He did. "Close your eyes." So he did. "Take ... five steps to your left." Done. "Place a hand over your heart."