He's a keeper

CHAPTER 19 - HE'S A KEEPER

SILVIA'S POV

He stared at me for the longest time, awestruck, which was terribly annoying, because damnit, what's there to think? I'm offering what you've been wanting since forever, shouldn't you just take it before I change my mind? I mean, Jeez. First he comes so hard on me, yet now that I'm saying yes, he hesitates. What the fuck is wrong with men?

I sat there on his lap, right before his crotch, completely naked and willing. I just gave him a blowjob, for fuck's sakes. Last I did it, it was to my ex. The ex-ex, I mean. Alex. Ryan and I never ... ugh, whatever. It's not like I'm gonna think of that douche now, it'd only serve to spoil my mood.

I bit my lip, inching closer to Jake. "So ...?" I murmured in his ear, as sensually as I could, even though I've never been much of a temptress. "You up for it or not?" Hopefully I didn't sound needy. There's nothing that turns a man off more than a needy woman, Tess says.

Jake just stared at me, though. Just ... stared. As if I were some wild animal he couldn't understand. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with these men? First Ryan with that stupid declaration, now Jake and his doubts ... ugh, right when you need a take-charge-man, they flee scared.

I swallowed, trying not to be affected by the fact that Jake was basically rejecting me, which means I just made a fool of myself. I took a deep breath. I need not to think right now. And sex would make it a lot, lot easier. But I guess that to him it was fun only as long as he did the chasing, me literally throwing myself at him like this might be a turn off. Ugh, men.

"Jake." I called. "It's not a million dollar question. You want me or not? I'm right-" Before I could finish, he flipped us, so that he was straddling me, and he pinned down my wrists. I could feel his boner restarting to grow. Maybe we're actually getting somewhere. Finally.

"I'd take you right here, right now, baby." Jake claimed, and I bit my lip, glad that he was finally seeing light. "But ..."

I groaned, exasperated. "No buts. Just do it. I'm here. I want it." I hooked my legs behind his back, having to do my hardest not to moan at the feeling of his erection so close to my core. "Just ... hmmm ... just fuck me."

"Silvia ..."

"No. No Silvia. Just fuck me, Jake. Isn't that what you've been wanting all along? Well, take it."

Instead he pulled back. Seriously, was it only all about the chasing? As long as I said no he was turned on, now that I say yes he doesn't want it anymore?

Jake sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "I'd take you in a heartbeat, baby, but ... this is not right. It's not the right moment or setting or ... it's just not right."

I growled out of dissatisfaction. And I thought he wouldn't even think it twice. I guess I overestimated the manwhore in him. "You gotta be kidding me! You've been harassing me since day one for this! And now ... I just gave you a blowjob, for God's sakes!"

"And it was the best ever, but, baby, you know as much as I that you're doing this for all the wrong reasons."

Since when he's the voice of reason? "So what? Let's just do it." Fuck precautions, I'm tired. I need this, I goddamn need something to stop the burning in my heart. I just ... need it. And I thought he'd take up on his offers, but apparently I was wrong. I suppose Tess is right, there's nothing that turns off a man more than a needy woman. It was hot for him when I resisted, now that what he's always wanted is right there at his service, he doesn't want it anymore.

Ugh. Men are like children. They whine, stomp their feet, make a huge fuss out of a toy they absolutely want, and once they have it, they just drop it to the ground and move on to the next.