Chapter 13

Isabella looked up startled when both Wulf and Raven kissed her on the cheek. They both gave her knowing looks which caused her to blush. Nero frowned at his brothers as they came up and began to gently rib him about having fun with Isabella.

"How do they always know when you decide to sleep with someone?" Marcella's whisper tickled Isabella's ear.

Isabella shivered and scratched at her ear as she shrugged. "I have no idea. They have always seemed to know when I have had sex with one of them."

"How was it?"

The smile Isabella gave Marcella said everything. Marcella whistled as she turned speculative eyes on Nero. "I guess Nero has something that the other two don't."

Laughter escaped Isabella. "They all have something that I crave Marcie. Some days I feel like I own a harem. Keeping up with three men is enough. I'd hate to think if I had to add another one."

"But you would wouldn't you." Marcella's gaze flickered over to where Mojotia was lounging against the wall smirking at his cousins.

"I don't know Marcella." Isabella sighed as her gaze found Mojito. "I'm sure that I would, but I can't say for sure until it is laid out in front of me. I ache for him Marcie. I will do whatever I need to do in order to help him as I've helped his cousins. If that means sleeping with him then so be it."

"What is about you two and sex?" Jace sat down between Isabella and Marcella making them sit up straight. "I swear the two of you talk about sex so much, you'd think that that's all you do. But no. Marcella has to be in the right mood for sex and that only happens once a week."

Four pairs of eyes swung over and stared at Isabella, Marcella, and Jace. Isabella grew red while Marcella covered her face with her hand. Marcella shoved at Jace's shoulder before she grew brave enough to glare at him. Jace glared back at her.

"I want an answer Marcella." Jace demanded.

"What do you want me to say?" Marcella snapped. "It takes two to tango Jace. How can I be in the mood when I feel like I am an afterthought to you and those damn video games you play?"

Jace sat back surprised. "I only play those games because I was giving you space. You told me that you needed some space. I thought I was giving you what you wanted."

Marcella's mouth formed a startled o. "I forgot that I told you that. I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Jace reassured her. "We are both too stubborn for our own good."

"You're telling me," Isabella commented. "Try being related to one of you and best friends with the other. Some days I want to hit the two of you over the head."

"Don't start Izzy." Jace warned.

"We have more important things to deal with than relationship problems." Mojito gave Jace, Marcella, and Isabella a look which quieted them down. "This Sisterhood of the Rose is dangerous and they need to be stopped."

"I agree with Mo," Wuf said causing Mojito to glare at him. "They will become more dangerous once they realize that they no longer have eyes on you. We must get to them before they decide to use the citizens of Driftwood against us."

"So what is your plan?" Marcella brushed hair out of her face as she studied the Wulf.

"What do you suggest?" Mojito moved away from the wall so that he could straddle one of the kitchen chairs. "You know them better than we do. How do you suppose we defeat them?"

Marcella threw Isabella a nervous look as she fidgeted with her hands. Jace covered her hands with his as he draped an arm around her shoulders. Marcella leaned into him and buried her face against his neck. Jace spoke softly to her and Marcella nodded at the soft words her murmured for her ears alone.

"I kept track of all those who we helped. I still have the notebook tucked away for safe keeping. The Sisterhood of the Rose is all about appearances. They appear to be decent women, but underneath the surface they are greedy. I know for a fact that they hurt a lot of the people we were supposed to be helping. I didn't find that out till a mother approached me to let me know that her daughter died because she had been unable to pay the amount of money that Rose asked them for. I did some research and found out that they had withdrawn their aid for a lot of people because they hadn't been able to continue to pay for our services."

Raven leaned forward and spoke to Marcella. "Would these people be willing to help us?:

"There are a few who said they would when I contacted them. I am positive that most of the people we helped would love to get back at the Sisterhood of the Rose in any way that they can."

"How can we use them to help us?" Jace queried out loud.

Nero shared a look with his cousin and brothers. Isabella caught the look. "What are you thinking Nero?"

Nero met Isabella's gaze before as he spoke. "If we can get everyone to focus their intent on the Sisterhood of the Rose, then we have the chance to bring them down. It can only work if everyone focuses their entire being on defeating the sisters."

"You're talking about the Law of Attraction." Marcella said in sudden understanding. "Aren't you."

Nero nodded. "It has been called many things throughout history, but that is correct."

Wulf stirred slightly. "That is only half of the equation. We still need to figure out how to effectively defeat the sisters so that they can no longer cause harm."

A thoughtful look settled over Raven's face. "What if we bind their powers?"

Mojito grunted. Wulf looked sideways at Raven while Nero nodded in understanding.

"It could work," Raven said. "Especially if the Sisterhood has to deal with the intent of dozens of people. That would keep them preoccupied long enough for us to bind their powers."

Isabella was intrigued. "How does that work?"

Mojito stirred from where he had been sitting quietly. "It is done similar to the way that an object of darkness is done. We find an object that signifies the person we want to bind. Once we have that object, we must lay the object on the sisters and call their powers into the object. The only thing left to do after that is to put those objects somewhere for safekeeping."

Isabella nodded as her gaze found her friends. Marcella smiled weakly at her before she moved out from underneath Jace's arm. "I better go and find that notebook. I want to get this done as soon as possible."

"I'll help you," Isabella volunteered.

Marcella smiled gratefully at her as she grabbed Isabella by the arm and dragged her out of the kitchen. "Now that we are alone, you can tell me what all happened with Nero."

Isabella laughed as they climbed the stairs. Some things never changed. Marcella was always nosy when it came to what Isabella did in the bedroom. Isabella didn't mind. She knew that Marcella was always looking for new ways to spice up her time in the bedroom with Jace.

"What all do you want to know?"

Marcella gave Isabella a sly eyed look as she flicked on the closet light in her and Jace's bedroom. "I want to know everything."

Isabella sighed. "Of course you do."

Marcella laughed. "You know how much I love you."

A snort escaped Isabella. "Yeah, I love you like poison ivy. You keep coming back if I get anywhere close to where you are."