Chapter 3

"Glad you could make it Isabella."

Marcella had spotted Isabella shortly after she had arrived at the pond and had made a beeline to her as fast as she could. Isabella suffered through the hug Marcella gave her before she subtly moved out of her friend's arms.

"Thanks, I had to sneak out."

Marcella looked worried. "Aren't your parents going to be furious when they find out?"

Isabella shrugged. "I'll deal with that if they find out."

"Okay, but I don't want to get you in trouble."

"I'll be fine. I plan on moving out as soon as I turn 18."

"That's still a few months away."

"Don't worry Marcella," Isabella said as she started to walk away. "Everything will turn out fine."

Isabella made her rounds as she looked to see who was at the party. She snagged a beer from Jace's cooler and jumped up on the back of his tailgate. She twisted the top off the beer and took several deep chugs before she started to chat with Jace's current girlfriend Erica. Erica was really sweet and Isabella hoped Jace would continue dating her. At least this girlfriend didn't glare jealously at Isabella every time she came around.

Isabella was starting to get bored when Marcella showed up at the pickup with a couple of strange boys in tow behind her. Both were dressed in solid black. Even their eyes appeared black. They were even in height and similar in build. One was of Celtic origin with blonde hair and the other was of Greek descent with dark brown almost black hair. These boys were hot and Isabella could see several tattoos on the dark headed boy.

"Hey Isabella."

"Hey," Isabella said as Marcella walked up. Before she could introduce the boys, a fight got started. Isabella and Erica vacated their seats as Jace got into a fight with a jock from a rival school. Jace didn't go looking for fights, so for him to be in one, the other boy had to have done something to make Jace mad.

Isabella drained her beer and whacked one of the other boys across the back of the head with her beer bottle. The boy turned, but was sucker punched in the face by Jace. Someone grabbed Isabella by the arm and pulled her out of the fight, nails sinking into her arm.

"Let go!" Isabella shouted as she struggled to free herself.

"No!" Marcella shouted back as she held on to Isabella for dear life. "I'm not going let you fight."

Isabella spun around with fire in her eyes. "And why not," she demanded angrily.

Marcella looked pleadingly at her. "I don't want your parents to learn that you were fighting again. Remember what happened last time."

That took the wind out of Isabella's sails. Her shoulders slumped as she looked regretfully at the fight. Jace was busy pounding the shit out of a kid and several of his friends were having fun with another one.

Isabella sighed. "You're right Marcella. As much as I would love to get into a fight it's not worth the beat down I'll receive at home."

Marcella released her friend's arm. "Good and now I'd like to introduce you to the hot guys I'm with."

Isabella laughed as Marcella introduced the two boys. The blonde headed guy's name was Wulf and the dark headed one was Raven.

Isabella raised her eyebrows at their names. "I'm sure there's an interesting story behind your names."

Wulf shrugged. "Not really. My real name is Faolain which means wolf in my language." He spoke with a thick and heavy Celtic accent. He even looked the part of an ancient Celtic warrior.

"Where you guys from?"

"They're foreign exchange students. Wulf comes from the Scottish Isles and Raven is from Greece. "Marcella explained pointing to each boy.

"I bet you have some cool stories to tell."

"Just everyday stories that could happen to anyone." Raven's accent hearkened back to his Greek homeland and made him sound super sexy.

Isabella snorted. "You two are from countries that are thousands of years old. Your histories are impressive and your stories fabulous. Right now we're in a country less than 300 years old and the only legends we have are Native American. I'd love to experience some of the things I'm sure has happened to you."

"Careful what you wish for. You just might get it." Wulf warned.

Wulf's words were a little ominous but Isabella didn't care. She was ready for some excitement. She wanted to get away from her neglectful parents and enjoy life, but that wouldn't happen anytime soon.