Chapter Nine

Before I meet with the kids I head to Ryans room to check on him. He is still in bed looking bored as ever. His whole demeanor changed when he saw me.

"Please tell me I'm off bed rest." He begs and I laugh with a shake of my head. He groaned and grabs his hair. "I am losing my mind, Lizzy." I sit next to him with a chuckle. "I bet you are. Wheres Amelia?"

"Went with a guard to get some food."

He sniffed and frowned. "You've been drinking." He crossed his arms and leaned agaisnt the headboard. "Just a little wine." I say defensively. I shouldn't used some mouth wash.

"I look at her and I see everything I'm not, Ry. She's this strong fit woman and I'm.. a mother." I say dejectedly. Ryan growls angrily. "Don't be an idiot Elizabeth."

I blink in surprise. Ryan has always been the gentle one to comfort me. "What?"

"Do you know what I see when I look at you?" He grabs my face with both hands and stares into my eyes. His warm chocolate brown eyes are on fire with an emotion that surprised me.

"I see an admirable Woman. A woman who is more beautiful then the Moon Goddess herself. She is strong and brave. She works her ass off for everything and doesn't need anything from anyone else. She is independent and fierce. I envy her strength every single day. You're right. Victoria is everything you are not because she is none of those things." He says fiercely. I barely noticed my eyes fill with tears as he continues. "You're a damn Queen, Lizzy. Stop sulking and start acting like it."

Never in my life had I wanted to kiss Ryan as badly as I did now. Our close proximity didn't help. The fire in his eyes burned brighter as his eyes trailed my lips.

I let a hand trail his face and moved closer. My legs moved on their own accord as I straddled him. His gaze suddenly looked conflicted. "Liz.." he whispers so lowly I barely hear him. I hum in response. "You don't want to do this." He gritted his teeth when my lips brushed his. Excitment filled me when I felt him harden under me. I ground myself agaisnt him and murmured,

"Yes, I do."

He flipped us over so I was underneath him. I wrapped my legs around his waist, locking him in.

He groaned and closed his eyes tightly. "Liz, I know you, and I know you will regret this. You want to deal with Ashton first or else you're no better then him. I can't take advantage of you this way. I won't."

I didn't think my heart could fill any more. My heart squeezed and I let him go. He rolled off of me and laid next to him.

"I adore you, Lizzy, but I know you need to get your wolves in a row before you can consider going down this road." He gave me a heated look. "I want to Mate you, Liz. I don't want a fling. Please understand that. I can't be just a lover to you."

I grabbed his hand and brought it to my face to peck it. My mind was clear as day. I needed Ashton to reject me correctly and accept it. "I completely get it, Ryan."

******

When Amelia showed up I invited her to come eat with this kids and I but she declined wanted to eat with her Father. They did agree to come and play when they were finished though.

I met my kids in the kitchen. They squealed in excitment when they saw me. "We have a surprise, Mommy!" Arabella says excitedly.

The urge my to close my eyes and then dragged me outside. I immediately smelled him somewhere out her but I tried to ignore it. However the closer we got the stronger his scent grew

"Open!"

I did so and gasped despite myself. The Chefs made a beautiful picnic with all of mine and the kids favorites. Also sitting on the mat is my sorta ex mate Ashton.