Chapter Thirteen

"No, we don't." I pull away gently and try to walk away. He steps infront of me. "Please Liz I just-,"

"No." I cut him off. I took a deep breath and let my thoughts stray to my kids and hair Ashton. My mind is made up. I have to do this for my mate, my kids, and my kingdom. "You're right," I rush out before he could speak. "I- you mean something to me. I worry about my control around you even though I have Ashton." The truth spilled from my lips and I felt a slight weight off my shoulders.

He smiled a real smile and my heart broke along with his expression as I said, "Which is exactly why you should leave."

I could almost hear the sound of his heart shattering like glass in the silence that followed my words. His mouth opened and closed but no words came out.

"After we get our kids back you can build a house somewhere on the territory or stay in one of the pack houses. I will allow Ashton the responsibility of picking a Beta so you can focus on raising Amelia.-,"

"No, Lizzy." He choked out but I continued as if he didn't speak.

"- I would still like you and Amelia to have dinner with my family once a week. Of course if you need anything for her or yourself call me-,"

"I'm not doing this, Elizabeth." He snarls shutting me up. I clench my teeth and look away. "I don't want this." I took a deep breath and composed myself. "But its what I need to do. I don't have a choice." I look him in the eyes and mentally beg him to understand.

He scoffed and shook his head sadly. "You did have a choice." He murmurs and walks to the door. "You just didn't choose me."

I involuntary reached for him but he ripped away from me, turning my heart to stone. The door slammed shut and it vibrated the office.

I held my breath for a long moment and squeezed my eyes shut. Am I selfish? Am I doing the right thing?

I exhaled and composed myself. I have to do this for my family and my kingdom.

*24 Hours Later*

My heart beat painfully in my chest. The castle was smaller then mine but still very large. Even though it was pitch black I could see the American wolves move towards the entrance at a steady pace. With Ashton at the front.

On the Plane, Ashton and I had come to the agreement that he should lead the wolves. He is the King after all and the wolves need his leadership.

I didn't like it. In fact I had down right rejected the idea. My wolf was furious with his for wanting to put his life in danger. However we both know he needed to do it.

After some argument of cousre.

I glanced at Ryan. His face was void of any emotion. I wanted him to tell me it was going to be okay but I knew he wouldn't. I had broke his heart.

My gaze snapped back to the Castle. Alarms filled the air. I watched as King Lanes Warriors came flooding out the gates. It's time to go get our pups. I turned my back on the field not wanting to see the warriors tear into each other.

I surveyed my small group. Ashton had insisted that I take his warriors. Including Victoria. He insisted that we'd be safer in numbers. Other then Daniel, Josh, and Victoria, It was just Ryan and I.

I flinched when I heard the first cries of war. I needed to get my kids out now but I need to wait.

I walked up next to Ryan and eyed our path. The patrol that was standing under the window we needed to get into was now shifting and running to the front of the Castle.

"Okay," I spun around and faced Daniel and Josh. "now I need you two to Shift. That window is the furthest from the battle. Which means you two are our only way out. I need you both to be sharp and focused. I need that window cleared."

Josh touched my shoulder gently. "Elizabeth we got this. We won't let you down." Daniel nodded behind him. My heart warmed at their immediate loyalty.

They shifted and stretched. They were both dark brown but Josh had a white mark on his head. I nodded and we all ran to the window. I pushed harder then the rest so I'd reach the wall sooner.

I allowed my wolf to come forward a little as I ran and then at the last minute I jumped. I flew right through the window and landed lightly on my feet. Seconds later Ryan landed right behind and then Victoria.

I glanced at Ryan and noticed his wolf was pressed to the surface. "Lets go get our kids."

***

"I can't smell them." I growl quietly in frustration. It had been fifteen minutes and yet I couldn't scent my pups anywhere. My heart started to race in panic as I started to wonder why I couldn't smell them.

I spun around to race Ryan. "I can't smell them." My voice raised in terror. "What if- What If-" I choked on a sob. I can't get through this if they're..

His eyes widen and he grabbed my shoulders. "Stop it. They're not dead. They're here and they are fine. We will find them."

"Ryan-," I cut myself off and squeezed my eyes shut to keep the tears from flowing. "Elizabeth." He says sharply. "You need to keep it together. I know you want to fall apart but you can't. You need to keep it together."

I nodded and took a shaky breath. "Why can't we scent our pups?" I whispered. He sighed and stepped away. "I don't know why I can't scent Amelia." He cleared his throat and looked away.

I clenched my teeth at his indirect way of separating my pups from his. "You can't put us aside for one moment." I hissed angrily now. Ryan sighed in frustration and turned away. I growled and ran a hand through my hair.

"If I may Queen Storm," Victoria asked quietly. My wolf growled but I hushed her. I nodded for her to continue. She cleared her throat. "It's possible for their scent to be blocked off from you in this form."

I raised an eyebrow. "So that means?"

"If you were in wolf form maybe you could scent them." She says with a shrug. I hummed and glanced at Ryan. He shrugged. "It might work but its dangerous to Shift here. We have no idea-,"

"We dont have any other choice." I huff and start pulling my leggings down. Ryan growled and turned away.

"Let me." Victoria says kindly. "I'll run this back to the window."

I shifted while she ran back down the hall. I stretched my golden legs. My wolf pushed for control and I let her.

She lifted her nose and low and behold we caught scent of her pups. Victoria came jogging back. "Does she have the scent?" She asked Ryan a little took sweetly.

My wolf growled, and took off with, Ryan and Victoria on our heels.

I found myself running down a long set of stairs and into large room much like a ballroom. I skidded to a stop. Ryan snarled in rage and Victoria gasped in horror.

There tied up in rope hanging from the ceiling like were Amelia, Alexander, and Arabella.

_________________________________________

Vote and Comment