Chapter Seventeen

Two weeks Later

I was somewhere in between sleep and awake. I stretched and yawned loudly. I heard a thump accompanied with a shout, "Damn Liz!"

I sat up and looked to the floor. Ashton is rubbing his head in annoyance. A giggle spilled from my lips. "Sorry, Ash." I say without feeling sorry at all.

He slip back onto the bed and pulled me against him. "You sleep like an animal, Liz." He chuckled.

I sighed and we fell into silence. Today was the first of the three days of Ashtons Coronation.

Day One is the festival. Ashton will greet our people amd get to know them on a more personal level. It'll show the people what kind of king he will be. At the end of the night we will all run in our truest forms with Ashton leading us.

Day two is our version of a Derby. There will be no fancy hats or jockeys to ride the horses. Ashton and some volunteers will race against each other for fun. The people will seek to see his reaction to winning or losing. If he wins will he gloat and take all the credit for the win? Or will he thank the horse for the win? Showing that in victory he is a team player.

If he loses will he blame the horse for being slow? Showing that as a leader he takes no responsibilities for his actions. Will he congratulate the winner? Showing that he is gracious in failure and willing to learn from his mistakes  for next time.

It sounds so silly yet this is what the people look for to see if he will be a good king. Truly they have no choice as he is my Mate but if many of them disagreed the council could step in to evaluate his position.

After the race there will be a ball. The first of many to come. Celebrating a hopeful, peaceful, and long leadership for Ashton.

The third and final day will be the Coranation. Well, the wedding and the Coranation. After he is crowned King we will be unified as man and wife. King and Queen. Forever and Always.

I can not tell Ashton that he is being tested. Hia reactiom has to be real. Although I think mentally he knows.

"Are you ready?" I ask and trace patterns on his bare chest. He rumbles appreciatively. We still have not "fixed" our bond. We're waiting for the wedding night.

"As ready as I'll ever be. How many Alphas are coming?"

"Twelve. Several have Lunas and they're bringing their Betas and their beta females if they've found them. Along with any children any may have." I explained even though I've explained it before.

"And each party can bring up to five people not including their mate and beta and beta female and any children they may have." He breathed out. "All in all.."

"A lot of people." We chuckled out at the same time.

"You'll be okay. It's not as scary as it sounds." I say and push myself up. I could hear chatter outside already and smell the delicious food. My wolf was more then excited.

"Come on. We can't be late. I'll go get the kids ready."

He groans and pulls the blanket over his head. "It's eight o'clock in the morning, babe." 

"Yes and we have a long day ahead of us." I say as I leave to go to get the kids ready. "You better be showered and dressed by the time I come back with the kids or so help me I'll skin your wolf and make a coat." I threatened when I see him still laying unmoving. He hopped up with a chuckle and headed into the bathroom.

"Men." I muttered

***

Alex and Arabella are literally like jumping beans. Alex is trying to tie his sneakers while I fix Arabellas hair.