Chapter Fourteen

It physically hurt to keep from charging at him, but I knew that if I did my kids would be dead within seconds.

"Nice of you to join us." King Robert Lane chuckled wickedly. He walked back and forth under each pup. They hung low, low enough for him to reach up and touch their bare feet.

I was partially thankfully that they were all unconscious. I didn't want them to see what I was going to do to him.

'I've linked King Ashton to bring some wolves through the windows above our head. Once Lane and the wolves are distracted; we have to cut the pups down and run. The enforcers are on stand by." Ryan linked me in a rush. I took in the information quickly and gave him a small nod. We just need to stall until then but it was so damn hard with my babies infront of me with brusies.

'How do we stall? How do we keep him talking?' Ryans eyes were glued to the kids as he asked for my course of action.

'Give me your shirt.'

He took his shirt off immediately and stood in front of me to keep me from being seen while I shifted back into my skin. My wolf was pissed. She wanted to rip into the spineless wolf king in front of us but we needed to wait. We needed to time this perfectly if we wanted to get the pups out as safely as possible.

I turned on King Lane furiously. I allowed my rage shoved forward. "You sick son of a-,"

"Language, Ms. Storm." He snapped cutting me off. "You don't want the pups to hear your potty mouth do you?" He smiled wickedly at me. He reached up and tapped on Amelia shoe. Ryan stiffened and growled a warning.

"This is your fault, Ms. Storm. If you had just given up your kingdom," he pointed up to the children. "Their suffering could have been avoided."

I snarled and lunged forward. If it wasn't for Ryan I would have made a grave mistake. He wrapped his arms around my waist and swung me away from the smug king.

"Elizabeth, stop!" He growled. "Be smart." He hissed into my ear. 'Ashton is coming with Alexa, Elijah, Clinton, and several other wolves. Just wait' He linked me quickly. I breathed into deeply. Just wait. Just wait.

"Alright, What do you want? What do I have to do to get them back?" Even if there wasn't any backup coming I would've said the same words. "My kingdom? My crown? My army? Take it. Just give me my pups. You'll never see me again."

"Now you know it takes more then that to give me Europe." He tsked. "But, for your good behavior. I'll cut down one pup for now."

My heart sped up as he had one of his men throw a star. It sliced through the rope and Amelia dropped to the floor. She let out a loud cry when she hit the ground. She looked around horrified. She locked eyes with me and wailed a pups cry. A cry for its mother.

My wolf surged forward and I fell to the ground trying to stop the change. When i looked up King Lane was personally removing the binds around Amelia. The moment she was free she bolted into my arms.

I squeezed her tight and my heart lifted a bit. Thank you, Goddess.  "Okay, go to daddy." I whispered and pushed her Ryan who snatched her up and kissed her all over. I mentally felt his wolf relax some too.

"Now, formally release your authority over Europe's Royal Pack and I'll give you the girl next. Then I'll cut down the boy." He says in a rush. My heart skipped a beat at this request. His eyes gleamed with greed as if he just realised that this is actually happening.  My wolf snarled at me in protest. She would not allow me to give up my- our kingdom. I wracked my mind for an excuse as for why I couldn't say those words just yet.