Chapter Three

(Castle above)

I looked at Alex and then threw my head back and laughed. Only him I swear. I ruffled his blonde hair. "Yes, come let's go get those Pancakes."

The elevator ride was quick like usual. They bolted away from me and into the kitchen. When I found them again they were boucning around Ryan. He put whip cream and syrup on their pancakes and gave them their plates. "Careful." He says softly. "Amelia is already at the table."

They ran off but I stopped them. "Something you want to say to Ryan for making your breakfast?" They stop and turn towards him.

"Thank youu." They chorus and run off. "Don't get your clothes dirty!" I shout after them. I sighed and sat in the chair by the Island.

"You okay Elizabeth?" He asked. I inwardly groaned. Liz was so much easier.

"I could've lost them today Ryan. If she had taken them.." I trailed off not wanting to finish. Just the thought made my heart squeeze and my blood boil.

He pulled me up from the bar stool and wrapped his arms around me. His scent wrapped around me and I relaxed. "You didn't. You were there. You'll never lose them. Everyone here will protect them with their life. Including me." He rubbed my back soothingly.

I pulled back and looked at him. Warm brown eyes stared back at me. He was so handsome. My wolf begrudgingly agrees. The silky black hair and pale lips paired with his scruffy chin. He certainly was a prize. His nose had a scar on it and it made me thing of his past. I mentally shook off those thoughts. He has come a long way from that boy.

I looked back into his eyes and saw his graze was on my lips. When he noticed he had my attention he made a show of dropping his eyes to my chest. He smirked and I smacked his arm. I stepped away and towards my stack of pancakes.

Ryan had a Mate. Amy Amelia Carves. She was beautiful. Thick wavy black hair and petite form. Let's not forget those stunning purple eyes that I envied.

Unfortunately she died bringing their pup, Amelia, into the world. She looked just like her mother, even now. She was born on January 3rd. A little bit after my kids who were born December 14th.

Ryan came to me and basically begged me to help his pup. She was dying and in need of her mother's milk. Formula doing nothing for her. Poor scrap she was, so of course, I helped.

It was a strain. Nursing 3 at once is so hard and literally draining. I managed though. Especially with Ryan waiting on me hand and foot.

Sometime in the two years while I helped his pup he developed feelings for me and I was more fond of him then I should've been. My heart was with Ashton at the end of the day no matter what.

As mt thoughts strayed to Ashton I felt a pinch in my heart. I missed him desperately as did my wolf. She agreed that we had to protect him and the pups. However the need to have our mate by our side grew larger all the time.

Ryan cuts my thoughts off and says something unexpected. "You should call him." Of course I know what he is talking about but it still caught me by surprise.

"Why?" I eyed him warily. "The wrong people know about the twins now. Its time for Ashton to know about his kids. He can protect them." He says in a duh tone. I glare at him and sighed. He is right but facing Ashton was something I'm scared to do. Especially with his kids. He will be furious.

"He's going to be livid with me." I groan causing him to chuckle. "Tell him to come here. Bring some of his men if it makes him comfortable. You can't keep the King away from his Kingdom."