Destiny Pt. 2

"What do you think Ela would want for her birthday?" Levy and Gajeel were at the mall looking for a gift since Ela's birthday was in a week. She will be turning eight and she is is so excited for it. The seven-year old has been marking it down on the calendar for the past month. 

"How about a laptop?" Gajeel looked at the apple store they were passing. Levy shook her head. "No. She is way to young to have her own laptop. We- you, should make sure she enjoys her childhood. Running in the grass, rolling down hills, riding her bike. Things like that. You know?"

"I guess, it's just that Elanor always said that it was normal in this century for her to have all this techy stuff. It was whatever she said. I'm just not sure how to do things with Ela. I love my daughter but sometimes I wonder if it would have been better if her mother would have won her custody instead of me," he was looking forward expressionless so Levy held his hand and stopped him. She grabbed the other hand and looked into his eyes. 

"I get that it is difficult for you to raise your daughter since you don't know much about the process. She is your first daughter after all, but you're doing fine so far. It only gets harder from here and I'll be here to help you along the way so don't stress. Now come on. I think I know what you could get her."

Later that afternoon, Levy picks up Ela from the bus stop and are heading home when she notices that she is a little upset. "How was school sweetheart?" 

"It was good." Ela just kept walking without the little jump in her walking that she always has. Levy tugged her arm towards the little park of the apartments. Ela just followed without any complaints or resisting. They got to the swing sets and took a seat. 

"Ela, what happened? You got on the bus as this little ray of sunshine and you come back as this tiny rain cloud." Ela was just looking at her little hands not speaking. 

"Princess?" 

"Levy, do you still talk to your mom?" Ela continued to look down. "Well yes. I do." Levy looked up at the sky and smiled. "She is the person who gives me advice on everything, she comforts me when I am sad and most of all, she is the best friend I can always count on." Then she frowned, "honey, does this have to do with your mommy?" Ela nodded. We are putting together a class play for family at the school. It's tomorrow and everyone is saying how their mommies are going and I couldn't say the same. I love daddy but I want a best friend mommy too. To come to school to eat lunch with me, to take cupcakes on my birthday and love me." Little Ela started crying after she finished talking. 

On the verge of tears, Levy stood from her swing and knelt in front of the Ela. "Darling, I know that it's hard being away from your mommy and I know that you love your daddy, but if you need a best friend, I'm right here for you. I will always be here when you need me. If you want, I will be there tomorrow for the play, I will visit you during lunch time and I will be your best friend. As long as you want me here, of course." Ela looked up at Levy and smiled. She nodded very happily and threw herself at the bluenette. "Now let's get home sunshine before your papa gets worried again. They laughed remembering the last time they stayed playing at the playground and Gajeel was on the verge of killing someone. 

"Ne Levy?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you love papa too?" 

When Ela and Levy made it back to the apartment they could hear people talking inside. They walked in and saw a thin woman with light blue hair sitting at the dinner table. She was well dressed in business casual attire. She looked straight at Ela and smiled but then turned to look at Levy and her smile faded just as quick as it appeared. 

"Levy, come meet Elanor. Ela's... mother." Gajeel walked over to Levy and took a hold of her hand. The three walked over to the small dining table for four and took a seat. All of them still holding hands.