Perfect Souls Pt. 2

-What happened during the summer?-

Evergreen and Elfman did what they promised. They lost the pounds they didn't like on their bodies with hardcore exercises directed by MiraJane and Veronica. They began to eat healthy and treat their skin right. Evergreen got laser eye surgery and tossed her glasses to the back of her bag. They drifted close to each other throughout the change they yearned for. There was only one thing that they needed and that was...

-The End of Summer-

Walking back from their last carnival night together, they hummed. People would occasionally walk up to them and ask about how they managed such a big change really quick. The two would always answer the same thing: "With determination and encouragement from the people we love." This answer always received smiles from everyone around. They reached the small playground, a symbolism for their finding of each other, and were about to go their own way to their homes, but before so Elfman spoke up.

"Hey Vereen?" Elfman was trying to cover his flustered face from Evergreen while they sat on the pair of swings. "Yes Elan?" She responded with the nickname she came up with for him in response to the name he called her. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Evergreen turned to look at Elfman with a smile. "I'm sorry. Could you repeat that? It kind of sounded like you asked me to be your girlfriend."

"Well that's exactly what I said Ver. I really like you and please tell me that you like me back. I mean we changed together. We felt terrible about how we were, but look at us now. I obviously want to be with the woman that changed my life." Evergreen couldn't help but smile at the words exiting his mouth. Joy took control inside of her. She stood up and went over to Elfman and hugged him. She was still hugging him when he stood up, making it a little less awkward position. "Yes Elfman. Yes." She had a few tears trickling down her face and unlike the beginning of the summer, these were tears of happiness.