Chapter 9

I wake up on the hovercraft. I hear voices, but I'm too weak to move. I see Katniss laying next to me. I must have fallen asleep again, because when I wake up, I'm in what seems to be a hospital. I panic, "where am I?" I think.

I look and see I'm hooked up to a machine, and there are bruises on my leg, and some scars on my arms. My head is aching so, I carefully put my hand on my head. I feel something cold, like wire, and realize that its stitches. I don't like being confined, so i rip off the tubes from my arm. It hurts, but its nothing compared to when I ripped out my tracker in my Games.

I get up and look out the door. I'm definitely not in the Capitol, but I'm not in District 8, either. I walk to the next room, and listen outside the door. "Where am I?" I hear a voice. It's Katniss. "District 13." I hear a male's voice. I suppose its Gale, Katniss's "cousin" even though I know he's not. "What?" Katniss says. "Prim..." "Shes alright. and your mother too." Gale says."I got them out in time" Katniss says what I am thinking. "In time for what?" She asks. "Gale District 13 doesn't exist. Why arn't we home in 12?" Gale hesitates. "Katniss..." He says slowly. "There is no District 12." 

I gasp, loudly, I guess, because Gale hears me and comes towards the door. "Sorry!" is all I can say. Gale shoots Katniss a quizzical look, and she nods. "Gale this is Adler, she was in the Games with me." She tells him. He nods and I enter the room. "What do you mean...theres no District 12?" I ask. He's quiet. "The Capitol sent in Hovercrafts, after the Arena went dark." He started. "They burned it to the ground." I stare into space. "And wheres Finnick at?" I ask. "And Peeta and Johanna?" Katniss adds. "Finnick's alive." Gale says, and I let out a sigh of relief. It's short lived. 

"And Peeta? and Johanna?" I ask. Gale says queitly "The Capitol has them."

END OF BOOK

*So you know I'll be starting on Mockingjay!"