chapter 8

It feels like the noise goes on forever when it's finally over.
"It's ok. It's over now " Peeta tells Katniss. After a while of cooling down we get a gift of 24 loafs of bread we eat four and wait for the 10 o'clock wave.

  Beetee suggests luring the Careers to the wet beach and electrocuting them by running his wire to the lake from a tree that is struck by lightning every 12 hours. Its a good idea. Risky. But good. Johanna and Katniss go and run the wire around the beach, while Finnick, Peeta and I stay to protect Beetee. Suddenly, a scream is heard. Finnick runs towards where the sound came from, and Im only a couple feet behind.We hear a cannon and emerge from the tree. I scream when I see Katniss pointing her bow at Finnick. He pushes me behind him quickly, and looks at Katniss. "Katniss," He says. "Remember who the real enemy is." She just stares for a moment, and then points her bow up. I don't exactly know what this means, but Finnick sure does. "Adler.Run!" he says and pushes me. I don't know why or what I'm running from, but I do. Suddenly, a spark is heard. Finnick and I are thrown backwards about 30 ft. The Arena goes dark. Just before I lose consciousness I see a hovercraft above me.