Chapter 2

When it comes to reaping day, I stand bravely on stage. When I hear that the name isn't my own, that it's Cecilia's I say the four dreaded words "I Volunteer as Tribute. "

Cecilia is like my second mom. Her daughter, Remi is my best friend and her son, Zane and I have liked each other for three years. I'm going to miss them so much.
Before I know it , I'm headed to the Capitol. As I ride to meet my fellow tributes, I watch the footage to see who I'm up against. I donl't know many of them. But I do know Finnick and Johanna. Of course, Katniss is reaped from 12, and then Hamitch. But Peeta Mellark Volunteers.

Soon I'm there. I'm in the Capitol. First we have the parade. My costume is a very colorful gettup, golds and pinks.Then theres training, and then  Interviews and then finally, The  Arena. As I get into my parade outfit I see Finnick come over. He looks at me, several emotions etched on his face. I can't read him. I quickly run over to him and he catches me in his arms and kisses my forehead. We stand like that for a while, neither of us saying anything comfortable in the fact of just holding each other. A little while later I walk over to meet Katniss. I can tell she doesn't like Finnick. At. All. I'll admit it does take some time to warm up to him.  Then it's time for the parade. After that we go to our chambers for the night. Johanna gets on the elevator after I do. (*really awkward scene*) after she gets off I  turn to Peeta and Katniss. "Don't trust 1 and 2. Their bad news. And..." Before I can finish my floor comes. I blush because I feel awkward and I get off. I have training tommorow and I need some sleep.