013

12/14/17

CHAPTER THIRTEEN; MOON OVER BURBON STREET

"They say the passage of time will heal all wounds. But the greater the loss, the deeper the cut and the more difficult the process to become whole again. The pain may fade, but scars serve as a reminder of our suffering and make the bearer all the more resolved, never to be wounded again. So, as time moves along, we got lost in distractions. Act out in frustration. React with aggression. Give in to anger. And all the while, we plot and plan as we wait to grow stronger and before we know it, the time passes. We are healed. Ready to begin anew."

Maddison woke up with a yawn and rubbed her sleepy eyes. She had been staying with Thierry for a few days as the Mikaelson's had taken back the compound basically kicking her dad and everyone else out. Klaus had his time pre occupied with a red headed witch. Maddison had a large shirt that ended mid thigh on as she walked out to the kitchen, not seeing Thierry anywhere, but seeing a note on the table along with a glass of orange juice.

Dear Mars,

I left early this morning, i didn't want to wake you up since your having trouble sleeping. I left some orange juice for you, i know its your favourite. Have a good day and I'll be home later.

Love Thierry.

Maddie smiles in adoration at the letter he had left for her. She was so grateful for Thierry and everything he's done for her. Her thoughts got interrupted by her phone vibrating making her let out an annoyed groan as she answered it. "What now?"

"St. Anne's has long been neutral ground in our city. So, its only fitting that we gather in this chamber at the behest of Elijah Mikaelson and Maddison Gerard to bring harmony to this place that we call home. Thank you all for coming." Father Kieran sits down after his little speech.

"Yes, thank you, and welcome." Elijah starts as he looked around at everyone.

"You're lucky I'm even here." Maddison said to him. She wasn't exactly pleased with how everything went down with Elijah and her dad and the compound but she had tried her best to keep the peace and Elijah thought she'd want to be part of this.

"These are the rules of the city according to Marcel Gerard." Elijah rips the paper in half and throws it away. "Which, of course, no longer apply because i am in charge." Maddie elbows him in the stomach as he groans. "We are in charge."

"You said if we came along, we would run things by ourselves. Never mentioned anything about making yourself king." Diego chimes in quite loudly.

"You were each selected to represent your own communities, I'll honour that. However, issues which arise between factions will come to us. Now, we are all, to some extent, responsible for the current chaos in this city. However, you have one very, very simple choice ahead of you here." He stands at the end of the table as everyone looks around at each other wondering what their about to say.

"You can either all play nice together, or you can leave." Maddison said as she pointed to the church door. Her eyes found Genevieve and raised her eyebrows. "Feel free."

One minute it was quiet, the next, everyone is arguing and Maddison was on the verge of beating them all if they didn't stop the yelling. "This is our city too. We should be able to go wherever the hell we want."