003

09/21/17

CHAPTER THREE; GIRL IN NEW ORLEANS

Drawing. That's all Maddison has been doing lately since Thierry was in the garden. She missed him so much. She was trying to stay strong and not show how it was affecting her but it was hard. She always has been strong because Thierry was there but he's not anymore.

Maddie decided to go out tonight to this festival she always loved. The music, the people and she really needed to just clear her head. She walked out of the compound and into the streets that were full of people and lights. She was looking among the crowd and saw her dad and- Davina? A frown made it's way on her face, her dad had never mentioned him bringing Davina out and about. Though, she didn't blame him. All she did was just keep drawing when he would come in to check on her. A part of her was still angry with him.

Five minutes later, someone ran by Maddison causing her to almost fall. She closed her eyes ready to feel the impact of the ground but a pair of hands caught her. She opened them after a moment and looked up, once again, looking in the eyes of the original hybrid.

"We have to stop meeting like this, love." Klaus had this crooked smile dancing across his lips.

"Maybe I don't want to." Maddison joked softly with a laugh. A genuine laugh. "You seem to be catching me lately." She smiled. And so did he.

"Yes, well, you always seem to be falling." He stared into her eyes, not blinking, his hands still keeping her up. He hesitated before speaking, "How are you, Maddison? With Thierry gone, I heard, I imagine it's been hard."

Maddison looked up at him in shock and some sadness in her eyes. Since Thierry has been gone, no one has really asked her how she was feeling. "I, um, I've been fine." She faked a smile to mask her sadness as best as she could.

"C'mon now love, you can tell me the truth." Maddie didn't answer and looked away.. "No one has asked you how you felt?" She slowly looked back at him, Klaus had this look on his face as if he knew what that had felt like. Being surrounded by people and no one to ask if you're doing alright. He looked like he could relate and it only made Maddie feel connected to him in a different way.

He must've remembered something cause he looked around before speaking up, "I apologize, love but I'm gonna have to go. Are you gonna be alright?"

"I'll be fine, Klaus," He looked kinda hesitant, "Go." He nodded and finally removed his hands that were keeping her up and left. Oh no. Maddison was starting to get feelings for Klaus Mikaelson. Her thoughts plagued of another guy that was growing on her.

Maddison sat on one of the benches away from all the noise and music. She felt a pull and closed her eyes, letting it happen before her eyes open back up seeing something different. It was the place where Maddie had talked to Elijah and introduced herself.  "Maddison." She turned around quickly, hearing her name being called.

"Elijah." She smiled and surprised both of them by going towards him and hugging him. Surprising himself, he hugged her back. Maddison couldn't explain it but she trusted Elijah and she felt safe. They pulled away and Maddison looked around confused.

"What am I doing here? How can I see you? How are you awake?" She asked quickly still unsure of what's going on.

"Davina withdrew the dagger unaware that in doing so, even once, would negate it's power. In a few hours I should be as good as new." He responded making her nod her head.