012

12/10/17

CHAPTER TWELEV; LE GRAND GUIGNOL

Maddison woke up with a killer headache and a hand squeezing hers gently but firmly. Her eyes fluttered open to see Thierry say beside her, his head bowed down as the tears couldn't help but fall.

Thierrys face instantly lit up and moved on the edge of his seat when he saw her open her eyes. "Hey, Mars, how are you feeling?"

"Like i died and came back to life." Maddison said sitting up and let out a cough. Her lungs ached. Thierry jumped out up and rubbed her back. "What happened?"

"You almost died in the fire at the plantation." Marcel said as he walked inside the room. "Elijah got you out as you passed out from the smoke."

"I'm okay, dad." Maddison looked into the eyes of her dads worried one's and smiled at him. "On second thought, do you have any aspirin? My head kills."

Marcel sped out of the room and came back seconds after with two aspirin in his hand and a glass of water for her. Maddie grabber the aspirin and swallowed it with the water. "What did I miss?"

The two began to tell Maddie about how the witches took rebekah and Klaus and turned Klaus against Rebekah by revealing she and Marcel had brung Mikael to New Orleans years ago. Marcel told Maddie about how Klaus also had been struck with papa tundes knife in his chest.

Maddie needed a minute to process all the information. "So, Klaus currently has papa tundes knife inside his chest?"

"Yeah, about that..." Marcel starts as Maddie looks to him waiting for the shoe to drop. "Elijah was hoping you would be awake so he could use your help."

"My help with what?" Maddie asked confused as to what she could do.

"I need you to watch over, Niklaus." Elijah says appearing in her doorway making the girl sigh.

"So, that knife is like inside him?" Maddie winces looking at the blade in Klaus' chest.

"And every second it remains causes Niklaus untold suffering." Elijah said while rolling up his sleeves.

"Who stabbed him?" Maddie asked curiously.

"I did." Maddie widened her eyes in shock at Elijah's words.

"And now I intend to remove it. You might wanna take a step back."

"Why me exactly?" Maddie asked as she watched Elijah.

"Because of all the people that could be here, You're probably the only one he wouldn't immediately slaughter." He says to Maddie watching the look on her face before looking down at Klaus.

Elijah takes a small knife and cuts a line on his chest as Klaus groans in pain. "Also, he speaks of you with," Elijah shoves his hand in Klaus' chest as Maddie looked at him horrified. "What is a rare degree, or for him at least, of respect. You challenge him to see himself or others in a new light." He grunts as he rips papa tundes knife out if his chest and Maddison and Klaus let out a simultaneous gasp.

"A wonderful skill that i shall be counting on very shortly." He sets down the knife and wipes his hands that are drenched in blood. "You see, Niklaus will be weak as he recovers. So watch over him and feed him if you would. But slowly, please, and from your wrist."