015

12/20/17

CHAPTER FIFTEEN; AN UNBLINKING DEATH

"Maddison." Maddison snapped her head over to see Klaus and Elijah staring at her with horror and confusion. Klaus let out a sigh of relief as he walked towards her. "How are you feeling?"

"What happened to me?" She asked him looking past him at Elijah who was avoiding her eyes.

"What do you remember last?" Klaus asked her carefully.

"W-we were sitting here and I was crying and then," She paused as she thought about it. "I couldn't breathe. It felt like...someone stuck their hand in my chest and pulled my heart out." Klaus shot a glare at Elijah who had guilt written in his face. Maddison watched the two as the tension in the air got thicker. "What's going on!?" Maddie asked in frustration.

"You're in transition." Maddie's face dropped as she heard those three words come out of Klaus' mouth.

"No, no, no I'm not." Maddison said in denial as she shook her head. There was no way. She had just activated her curse, she hasn't even gotten used to being a werewolf yet and she never used her magic and now she was gonna be a vampire? The realization slowly hit her making her widen her eyes. "Oh my god. Does my dad know? And Thierry?

Maddison looked up at Klaus who looked at her with a pained expression sat on his face. Maddie shook her head 'no' when she saw it and tears started falling. Maddie tried her best to be in denial about everything but deep down...she knew. She knew she died, she knew Thierry had died. She knew.

Maddie wanted to collapse at the events that were unfolding in front of her, although, something had caught her eyes. She narrowed her eyes as she looked over at Elijah who had a bloody hand as looked up at him. "You?" Elijah couldn't look her directly in the eyes and she know exactly why. They had gotten close and bonded, they had became friends and it didn't help that Maddison felt like she was about to breakdown.

"I'm sor-" Elijah started but she cut him off immediately.

"No! Do not say sorry to me!" She shouted with anger. "Just leave, I can't even look at you, right now."

Elijah understood where she was coming from, she had just died and lost someone dear to her so he walked out without another word. Klaus looked at her and sighed. "You need to feed Maddison."

"No." Klaus' eyes widened as much as they could when she said that. "I can't be a vampire, Klaus. I don't want to, I never did."

"If you don't feed, you'll die." Klaus protests trying to make her understand.

"I know how it works but I can't." Maddison stood up and started walking out of the compound when Klaus grabbed her wrist to stop her.

"Where do you think your going?"

"I'm going to see my dad. He lost his bestfriend and his daughter in one night, Klaus. He deserves a chance to say goodbye to one of us." Maddie took her wrist out of his hold and walked out to find my dad.

A few minutes later she had arrived at her dads loft. They had pretty much just sat there in silence as they both processed everything. Marcel was on the brink of tears as he looked at the girl he raised.