Rae Of Light

My hands were bound to the bed post and I sat on the floor, dried blood crusting the side of my face.

"Let me go," I croaked, looking up at Jamie.

He grinned down at me, his golden eyes maliscious.

"Think Dante will reward us?" He asked, looking back at the other boys.

Dace and Cade stood next to each other, watching me with blank eyes.

"He's going to murder us," Thomas hissed.

I flinched as his hand brushed against my back, trying to clean out all the wounds with a wet piece of cloth and a bucket of water.

The water in the bucket was already a murky red as he dipped the cloth into it, pulling it across my back gently.

"Oh please. For what?! We did our jobs didn't we?" Jamie laughed, sitting on the bed.

"Dante told us to never harm her," Dace said.

"Yet here she sits, the back of her dress open as Thomas tries to clean the dozens of wounds you inflicted," Cade pointed out.

"Minor details! Dante also told us to keep her away from Axsel and we did! A job well done if you ask me," Jamie said happily.

"Dante will not think so! He will smell her scent soon enough with all this blood and then there will be hell to pay. You know he sees her as the reincarnation of Annette and if something were ever to befall her, we are the ones who will pay!" Thomas said angrily.

"Annette? Van Helsing?" I asked softly.

Everyone stopped and stared at me, their eyes flaring gold.

"You know of Annette?" Jamie asked, standing up and crouching before me.

"Yes," I said hesitantly.

"Then you know of how Axsel stole her?" he said smugly.

"She was Axsel's love," I protested, flinching as Thomas rubbed over a particularly fresh cut.

"Bah! Utter nonsense.She was Dante's rightful mate. She just fell in love with the wrong brother. Troublesome, but it happens," Jamie said.

"Wrong...brother?" I asked, looking up.

This time it was Thomas who responded.

"Yes. Surely you've realised by now that Dante and Axsel are brothers?"

Hey guys! So very short chapter but I have plans for the next one! Hope you enjoyed and don't forget to comment and like!