Restless

I stared in the mirror, sighing at my pale complexion.

Lifting the brush, I started brushing my hair, humming to myself.

It had been three days since the dinner. Three days since Axsel had made his promise to kill me.

After his threat and me running away, I hadn't seen him. It seems he'd made himself scarce as Lucas told me he was gone.

"Your hair's gone lighter than when we first got you here," a familiar voice said.

I spun around, and met the gaze of Migael. He sat on my bed, his legs crossed as he watched me. His eye were a deep brown instead of the flaring gold I was used to.

"Your eyes...they're..." my voice faltered as I set the brush down, standing up.

"Oh, this?" He closed his eyes then opened them. They flared the brilliant gold and then he blinked, changing them back to brown. "A small trick I learnt centuries ago, from...Axsel."

My eyes turned downward at his name and I turned back to the mirror. "Is he still missing?" I asked quietly.

"Missing isn't the word I'd use. He's making sure he doesn't develop feelings for y-"

"Migael you've said quite enough," Damon said, standing in my doorway.

Migael cursed under his breath, earning a scoff from Damon.

"I've told you off once already for such foul language and yet you still speak like an uncultured swine," He sighed.

"You've told me off for the past few centuries. When will you learn that I'm just foul mouthed?" Migael smirked.

"When you have some sense knocked into that thick skull of yours," Damon replied curtly.

"I'll show you just how thick my skull is when I smash it against yours," Migael snarled.

"You'd be better off using your skull for something useful. Like using it to actually protect your brain so that you can develop some form of intelligence," Damon retorted.

"Like you've managed to do?"

"I've achieved more than you could ever hope for."

"I don't think being a know-it-all jackass counts as achieving something," Migael said, flopping down on the bed.

Damon watched Migael with narrowed eyes, then sighed. "Just stop running your mouth off about matters that do not concern you," Damon sighed. I blinked and he was gone, the door closed.

Migael hummed, putting his hands behind his head as he leaned into my pillows. He closed his eyes and breathed in deeply.

"It smells like you but there's still a faint scent of Axsel. Almost as if..." Migael opened his eyes and sat up abruptly, "He's been here."

I felt joy flood through my veins only to frown as it was dashed. "He was here. Four days ago," I said sadly.

"A vampire's scent fades after 24 hours, unlike a humans'. Makes it easier to hide from other vampires. And Axsel's scent is fresh. Like 12 hours ago fresh," He insisted, standing up.

He seized my arms and lifted me off my feet. "You have to find him Raeden. You're our last hope," He said.

I stared at him in fear and he sighed, putting me down. "I'll give you your time to think over this," he walked to the door, opening it slowly. He stopped once, then closed the door after himself.

I sighed and turned back to the mirror. Was I really the only one who could bring Axsel back?

I started brushing my hair again, humming the same song as before. A song I had learnt long ago, from someone I couldn't remember.

My eyes widened as I stared into the mirror, his reflection watching me, and I turned abruptly, staring at the handsome boy sitting on my bed.

"You...you're back," I said softly, standing up.

"Miss me?" He asked, his gold eyes flaring.

Hey guys so obviously I've been updating a lot faster than I said I would but it's just because I've decided I love this story. Some updates may be slower than others but please bear with me! Don't forget to comment and vote and thank you so much to kenziemac1029 for her votes and comments! You should definitely check out some of her books(Especially love caged!)Enjoy and see you in the next chapter!