Dead

I stared at him with wide eyes as he sat on my bed coyly.

"Where have you been? Ever since that night everyone's been looking for Axsel and we have no idea where he is," I said.

Dante stared at me with boredom, as if I was no longer amusing. "He's fine," he said simply.

"You know where he is?" I asked stepping closer to him in excitement.

"Yeah."

"Where is he?" I asked, smiling in relief.

His eyes flickered over to me, changing back to an icy shade of blue. He watched me as I came closer, then stood up suddenly, gripping my arms. His eyes held mischief and something close to hatred.

"He's unimportant," he said.

"What? He's missing Dante. I'm worried something may have happened to him and I can't do anything about it," I said, beginning to worry as his grip on my arms tightened.

"He threatened to kill you!" Dante protested.

"He meant well..."

Dante laughed and it sent chills down my spine.

"To him, you are nothing. You aren't even human! You're just something to feed on," He protested. And then he did something I didn't think was possible: his eyes flared silver instead of gold,"I've tried protecting you from him so many times and each time you just threw that chance away!'

"Dante, you're scaring me..." I whispered, my breath catching in my throat.

His eyes flickered over me in hunger and then he let go of me.

"I'm not babying you anymore. I care about you , I want you to leave with me. But if you want to choose Axsel over me, I'm not stopping you," He turned and headed for the door.

"Dante wait! Give me...give me some time to think over it. If Axsel doesn't return in a month, I'll...I'll leave with you," I said softly.

"And if he kills you in three days?" Dante questioned.

"If Axsel kills me, then so be it. But if by some chance he doesn't come back, I'll leave."

Dante turned, smiling down at me. "I'll give you a month then. I won't see you anytime in between though."

"That's...fine."

He bent down and kissed my forehead, smiling as his eyes returned to blue.

He smiled one last time and then he was gone.

I sighed and sat down on my bed, my head in my hands as tears flowed freely. 

What was I getting myself into?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three days passed in the blink of an eye and before I knew it two weeks had passed.

Axsel still hadn't returned and the boys begun to doubt he would return as long as I was there.

I stared out the glass doors that led to the balcony. When I had first been there I had assumed it was just curtains.

The stars twinkled brightly and the pale moonlight illuminated everything in a strange light as I opened the door. The breeze hit me and I breathed in the scent of burnt ash wood and smoke.

I stepped outside into the night air and my eyes wondered over the scenery spread out before me. A barren landscape of burnt out grass and dead trees surrounded the mansion, huge mountains towering over us.

I sighed, leaning against the railing. 

"Axsel, where are you?" I asked, closing my eyes.

In the distance, a crow cawed. And behind me, a figure crept up.

My eyes flew open as I sensed their presence and I spun round. Malicious , familiar gold eyes met my gaze and I tried to back away. 

"Wait stop-what are you doing? Sto-!"

Hey guys so this chapter is super short but I have plans! I hope you guys enjoyed it and don't forget to like and comment!