Chapter 15

A/N: This chapter was longer so it has been posted later. I'm slowly catching up and getting all of my chapters done. This one had the duel so it took me longer to type. I hope you like it guys. This was one that I enjoyed a lot. I'm probably going to update the monster list again since I added a few more things in it. I love Chione. You'll learn more about her in the next chapter.

Happy reading,

Sammi

Word count: 2417 of 50,000

Total word count: 30,442 of 50,000

This moment was one that you dreaded. You felt like you were frozen. The stakes were now greater than ever. Moments like this were like a ticking bomb to you. Nothing could calm you down from the one person that made your life miserable: Nightshroud. Since he had arrived, Nightshroud made the academy into his own shadowy dimension. The devilish expression you imagined made you tremble with anxiety.

You knew. You knew that the lives of your classmates wasn't the only thing that worried you. Atticus. He made you open up to his friends in ways that you had never imagined. This guy showed you how showing emotion was not a bad thing to do. His heart had his own dark side but that devilry made your relationship stronger. The words of his heart could never be spoken at times. It shows how much he deeply cared for you.

There was a lot that you could think about. Those thoughts were conveyed through the way you showed your emotions. From time to time, you were emotionless and you showed no feeling at all. This was how you had lived your life before coming to this academy. The environment showed you several viewpoints of human life. However, you were also introduced to many spiritual lives as well. These spirits guided you to success. These spirits had also guided you to many psychological havens as well. Many of these factors were part of the growing anxiousness inside of your heart.

Your mind was battling with your heart over everything. Nothing seemed to add up for you or your mental footsteps. Many of the steps you took as a human were minimal and not important from your point of view. Footsteps were similar to shards of ice that lay within the confines of the invisible walls of your feet. You felt as if you were being mocked by the spirits of darkness. Many of your thoughts usually circle around the injustice within your own heart. The senses of time and ambition were a contorted to a puppet's satisfaction.

None of the emotions hidden inside of you could ever be exposed. The hatred, the envy, the loneliness...you couldn't show it to anyone...not even Atticus. No one knew of your hidden feelings of unease. You didn't want anyone to find out. Those feelings composed the darkness within your own heart.

However, part of the unease felt before you was due to the emotionless soul embedded within your body. Human emotions are fragile and were like a priceless artifact. They could be replaced physically but not mentally. The art of betrayal was one that was used much too often by spirits similar to Nightshroud. The spirits of malice refuse to step away from it during the most dire times. Many of these emotions that fueled a human's rage would be evident in their facial expressions. A human's inability to hide their true emotions would be their major downfall. The rage, the malice...it fed Nightshroud's persistence toward a gloomier world. His imaginative mind swirled of the screams of his victims and his enemies. The words spoken by them faded from his mind. The only thing left for these spirits was to vanquish the pursuers of light.

The way a human mind works was fascinating to many spirits. It could change from one thought to another within a few seconds of showing that particular thought. Spirits that thrive in their own realm choose to hide their own hearts behind fright and anxiety. They choose to be the ones to hide behind their cowardly actions at times. Spirits of light only show their ethos at times of dire need. Their hearts are filled with the hope that they once had when they were young children. Before they had become spirits, they were human children that had gotten caught in the spiral of injustice.