Chapter 11

A/N: Here is chapter 11! I hope you guys enjoy it. This chapter was a slight struggle for me to write in all honesty. Although, I managed to finish it in the end (much to my relief). It took me a long time to get chapter 10 done (I was working on homework before I started), the struggle was worth it in the end. Let me know what you guys want for the next chapter. I'm happy to take suggestions of what you'd like to see from this book in general. I'd also like you to know that I'm nervous to know the results for the Yu-Gi-Oh Wattys. I really hope that I did well. It's an opportunity that I always feel humble to have.

I'm quite fortunate to have such amazing readers like you all. I really do appreciate you and I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. My books would not be what they are without you.

Happy reading!

Sammi

Word count: 1806 of 50,000

Total word count: 22,401 of 50,000

You feel like you were being followed by someone. You look around and realize that you are in some kind of maze. You feel yourself become anxious with worry. You mumble, "Where am I?" You see three paths form before you. You weren't sure what you were doing. However, you began to realize that there had to be some kind of trick attached to it. Although, that trick may also bring you and your friends into further peril.

You feel Atticus's arms surround you. He slept peacefully as you lay awake, thinking of what happened the previous day. You never told him but he had saved you from a mental peril. You hear him mumble, "Y/N...you look so pretty. We should go out sometime." You stifle a giggle and feel his grip loosen. You hear him yawn, "Morning, princess. Did ya sleep well?" You reply with a small nod, "Yeah, I slept fine." You add, "You could've gone back you know? You didn't have to stay with me the entire night." He kisses your cheek in response, "I'm not missing out on a night with my girlfriend. Besides, you look cute when you're sleeping. Also, there are no classes today." He adds sweetly, "That means I can keep you all to myself." You chuckle, "You're acting childish but I don't mind any of this at all." Atticus replies back with a small grin, "We should be together for a little while. We could be together the entire day unless my sister decides to appear and steal you away." You groan, "Please don't remind me. I don't want to hear her friends giggling right in my ear. My ears are ringing just thinking about that moment." Atticus responds, "It can't be that bad." You shudder, "I bolted out the door before Alexis and her friends could even stand." You add, "I'd rather have a quiet night with you." He smiles, "I'm glad that I can keep you sane in one sense." He asked, "What do you want to do?" You shrug, "I'm not sure." You remark, "I can say one thing though. I want to stay inside and not go out. If we go out, then we have to deal with everyone else. The last thing I want is an interrogation from either of my cousins or Alexis." Atticus questions, "If we stay inside, what are we supposed to do?" You reply, "Well, we could try and watch a movie." Atticus kisses your forehead, "If that's what my princess wants, then we can do that."

Moments later, you lay in Atticus's arms. You both decided on watching Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. You watch as Atticus puts the movie into the CD player embedded within your laptop. You sit between his legs and watch the opening credits appear on screen. When the movie begins, Atticus decides to watch your facial expressions as the movie played. He found your expressions quite adorable. Atticus was disgusted during certain parts of the first movie. However, he remained silent as the movie went on. Atticus notices that you had gone silent while the movie continued to play. You watched as one of the characters moved to one side in a graceful yet also sinful manner. Atticus smiles to himself when he gazes at your now fascinated reaction to what was currently going on.