Chapter 14

A/N: hey guys! Welcome back to another chapter. This chapter is all over the place and I apologize for that. Let me know if you want more chapters about how all the Ice Crystal spirits met. I might add a few extra chapters for this book to increase my word count. I haven't decided yet. For now, I'm going to try and post these as soon as possible. Life has been hard on me lately. Other than that, I've been okay.

Anyways, have fun reading!

Sammi

Word count: 1819 of 50,000
Total word count:  28,025 of 50,000

You were thinking about the events of the previous day. It was all strange to you. You wondered if Nightshroud was just toying with your mind. Everything he did made you confused. Every movement, every word he spoke...it didn't make any sense. You were trying your hardest to be optimistic. Although, Nightshroud made it difficult to stay optimistic.

Atticus thought about the other day. He wasn't sure how he had gotten transported to another realm. He wasn't even sure what part of the realm he was in. Atticus also thought of the voice that vaguely guided him to the end of the strange maze he was in. The maze itself looked like something out of a fantasy world. However, Atticus felt like he had seen it somewhere before. He couldn't remember where but he knew that it was a vital clue.

Meanwhile, your desk was scattered with piles upon piles of different books and documents. You were trying to find some kind of weakness against Nightshroud's minions. However, you also knew that Nightshroud would also have human minions along with the spiritual ones that he  already had control over. You rest your head against one of the books you were reading. You let out a small breath, "This is going to be tougher than I thought it would be. I can't find a solid lead on any of these creepy creatures." Rayla looks at the book for a moment before responding, "There's a lot about this issue that we haven't found yet. More of these creatures are going to come unless we find a loophole. Nightshroud is set on making the lives of everyone go from hopeful to miserable within a few moments." Merlia chimes in, "Many of us are trying to figure out what he's up to. To be honest, I'm not sure how we are going to bring him down." Izotz rubs his temples, "I don't even want to think about this. Nightshroud gives me a headache." Petur facepalms, "If you think of it like that, then of course you will start to get a headache from it. We are all suffering mentally and psychologically. I don't know why Nightshroud chose to make this decision. Many of these minions seem like they don't care for Nightshroud's values." You felt like this situation wasn't making things easier on you.

You felt like you were screaming into an empty space. You could feel your heart become trapped into the psychological barrier that Nightshroud had created. Your thoughts were like floating ghosts that lingered within the castle of regret. You couldn't tell if those thoughts were real or if they were a part of your imagination. That shift made all the spirits startled by the revelation. They were all afraid that Nightshroud had reached you without them knowing. Your mind felt like a blank canvas that was about to be painted with misery. You were struggling to stay out of the mind drift.

You had somehow fallen asleep on the book you were reading. What you didn't know was that someone had entered your bedroom. The spirit seemed like it was searching for someone. Rayla stood defensively, "What business do you have with Y/N?" The spirit didn't reply. Instead, it looked at your sleeping figure. The spirit finally spoke, "I've come to warn you." Rayla was startled, "Excuse me?" The spirit spoke gravely, "A spirit of darkness will cause you all to betray your mistress. Your spirit forms will be forced to become human if you choose to betray her. This dark spirit may cause your mistress to go into a deep depression. You must protect her and you must banish the darkness in your hearts." Before any of the Ice Crystal spirits could reply, the mysterious spirit disappeared. Merlia asked, "Rayla, what does all of this mean?" Rayla looks at your sleeping body and replies, "It means that we could fall victim to Nightshroud's psycho traps if we aren't careful."